Wondering what you all think about Austin Bass's

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by OneLuvIbanez, Aug 6, 2002.

1. OneLuvIbanez

OneLuvIbanez Guest

Jul 28, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    OK, so I just put 100$ Down on an Austin AU790PB Custom Eclipse 5 String [​IMG] This Bass but in the Purple.

Now I DO like it, I think it has a great sound to it, and good tone quality. One thing I heard is that it doesnt take to abuse kindly. I know its not a real wood Bass, and is made from Ply, but I wanna know, any of you out there, that either own one, or have used one for a while, what do you think of it? And do you think I made a good choice.

I think I got it at a decent price too, i paid 295, and the AUSTIN web page has them listed for 498.

2. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Looks like an Alvarez.
  3. OneLuvIbanez

OneLuvIbanez Guest

Jul 28, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Yeah, I found that a little funny, it does have similar qualitys to the Alvarez i believe, but they DEFFINATLY sound different.

I can Guarantee you though it is an Austin.
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Probably made in the same factory from the same CNC settings.
  5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Eerily close, Jeff! They are distributed through St. Louis Music (with whom I am well acquainted but not necessarily in a good way) as the long time distributor for Alvarez-Yairi who actually gets these shipped over.

I don't know where they're made but Samick never ceases to amaze me with their prevasiveness.

OneLuv - You say you dig its sound so forget what we think.....if it pleases you, that's what really that matters.

Will you trade up for a better bass someday? - I'd bet on it. But, until that time comes, enjoy it!!!