Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Woo hoo awesome!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xb100, Jun 29, 2004.

1. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    I just got done talking to the guys at low down sound and sent em some specs for a 2x10 id like em to make for me. What im looking for is a 24'w 23'h 14'deep 2x10. 300 wats with spring loaded handles and have the speakers be at an angle like the 2x10 bag end has. Also you guys know that stuff that the speaker sits into like you have your cab you have the steel grill then you have the speaker well im ganna get em to color that light green or red. You can go own their site and check out their 3x10 cab then you'll know what im talking about. Their ganna get me a quote fairly soon i hope. What do you guys think? good bad?

2. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    There's a room in our office that is close to 24'w 23'h 14'd. That'd be a HUGE cab! :D

Seriously though, I hear they make great cabs.

3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I have heard a number of Don's cabs firsthand, and unless he has told you that there are huge drawbacks to what you are asking for (which I presume he has not), I am confident that he will make you an absolutely kicking cab. His 3x8 is one of the most impressive cabs that I have heard in its size/price range, and although I haven't heard one, his 2x8 also receives high praise. I heard that 3x10, and it was huge sounding. Not as tight as the 3x8, but it has a certain girth to it that many may find appealing.

All of his cabs look and feel like quality products, too. I have seen his workshop, and he showed me several cabs in production, and I can tell you his craftsmanship and attention to detail are commendable.

Tom.

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    LOL!!!!!!

5. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I was thinking the same thing. :D
    You presented it well!!!

6. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings from the North,
    Now that's funny. But on a serious note, I was down in the Motorcity and dropped by LowDown Sound and thier cabs are impressive.
    Rezdog