Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

woo hoo!!! i gots one of them..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by john turner, Jul 22, 2001.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, i just got back from the namm show, and i have with me a new addition to the familly, finally. after much patient gnashing of teeth, i've finally recieved my hollow body 7 string.

it's awesome - black with gold specs, matching headstock, birdseye maple board, synth/piezo pickups in the bridge. i'm in love.

i'll post pics when i get em.

now, all i have to do is get things lined up on the ole' fretted 8 string. :D

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    i like carrots too! :)

3. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    3 strings are enough (Tony Levin)

Congratulations, anyway.

4. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    hey man, how much does it weight?
    I guess it being hollow body will be easier on your back.

5. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    John,

I'm really happy for you getting the new bass I just order a modulus quatum 5-string myself. But, why do you have 8! 7-string basses? Do they all do something different? I'm not saying I dislike them, just wouldn't make more sense to have one like made out of diamonds and gold( all those basses cost like 40,000? or more damn! just get one made out of diamonds and like rubys! Then you'll be king :D

6. Congratulations! I just wish I could say the same... :D Have fun with it!

7. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    congrats JT...im assuming its another conklin

BTW whats the 8th string? the 7th is F right? Forgive my ignorance, i only play a 5 string...lol

8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    JT already is <font size=4 color=white><b><u>THE KING</b></u></font>

What's that stuff on my nose?:D

Congrats to the new addition!!!!

9. BigJH

BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    AAAHHH so that's where you've been hiding. Glad to have you back. Congrats on the new seven-string monster :D Just to let you know carrots are winning the most important poll of the century.

10. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i love you guys :D

hey, the spector booth was very cool - lots of good stuff. i thought about ya when i went by there (they were next to the aguilar booth and i had to pay my respects to THE MAN at aguilar - dave boonschoft). spector's booth was pretty big, and he had a bunch of killer basses there. unfortunately, my camera didn't make it up there with me, or i would've.

oh, and cassanova, my main 7 string tuning is b-e-a-d-g-b-e, although i also use f#-b-e-a-d-g-c and e-a-d-g-c-e-a. on the 8's i use f#-b-e-a-d-g-b-e.

11. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I think i understand the logic behind these-you gotta have one of everything right? :D How far off is a 8 double neck hollow body-seems like it might fit in with the rest of the monsters errr basses :D Congrats thats all

12. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    sorry john about that you are the king:) btw you'd be king of like bass guitars if you'd get one made out of diamonds:) that would be cool

13. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey cam, thanks. and yeah, you're right about that "one of everything" deal :D. as for another doubleneck, one is enough, thank you very much. :D

hey, no worries, i can take a joke :D.

actually, to answer your question, the whole point about why i have so many basses is really simple - i love them. i don't really have too many other things that i like - crappy car, no real hobbies other than coming around here or playing computer games. i don't really do much other than music-related stuff, and i really love basses. i have reasons for each of them, but really the main reason is that i love them. i'm not really into too many other company's basses, but i really love conklins - they're different than anything else i've ever seen. i play all of mine often, they are all different, they have different tunings and tones, fretted and fretless, and i just find ways of using them all.

14. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    I totally understand :D

15. Enough for what?

- Dave

16. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    i was opening up this thread thinking JT got a 94 string conkilin. I like four strings.

17. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    hey, the spector booth was very cool - lots of good stuff. i thought about ya when i went by there (they were next to the aguilar booth and i had to pay my respects to THE MAN at aguilar - dave boonschoft). spector's booth was pretty big, and he had a bunch of killer basses there. unfortunately, my camera didn't make it up there with me, or i would've

Hey dude did you see my spector there? hehe iam so sure you was looking for it?! Peacock blue american bolt on! It says Eric bass on it! hehe just kidding! I hope its on its way soon! ahhhhhhhh

18. Lovebown

Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Sweden
    Enough to get some booties shakin'

/lovebown

19. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    so's a bass drum.

or some bad chicken.

20. bad chicken? what about a lonesome carrot. BTW I got that MP3 of Lord Only, nice!