1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

WOO HOO! New Avatar B410 NEO Just Arrived

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 60bass, Apr 17, 2009.

1. 60bass

60bass Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    I just got my new Avatar B410 NEO right now. I had it shipped to my work so I could sign for it. Showed up right at my lunch hour so I got to unpack and snap a few pics with my BB.

What do you think? I went with Purple, Wheat grille, and Gold piping.

Wait, before you say "PURPLE?" I have to tell you that this cab will be onstage right beside the guitar amp shown in the pics. For anyone considering the Purple, the color in the pictures looks way brighter than it really is. The Purple is more warmer and subdued, very close to Marshall Royal Purple. My Blackberry doesn't have the most hi-res camera in it.

b410_3.

b410_1.
    marshall.

Can't wait to get it home tonight and crank it with my new GK 1001RB-II :)

Keep Low :)

2. Nice looking cab, congrats. Let us know how you like it when you get to try it out. I have yet to play through Avatar, altho the company is right down the road from me....LOL

I'm sure that you we be happy, most people say good things about them.

3. 60bass

60bass Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    I'll post up a review after I get the cab home and hooked up. The best thing is that it's so light, even an old geezer like me can lift it and load it :)

I can still load my Ampeg 410HLF myself but it ain't easy. That's one of the reasons I went for a NEO cab. Lighter by 30 or 35 pounds and the price is right on the Avatar.

Keep Low :bassist:

4. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    Very cool cab, love their colors. Looking forward to a sound review with the GK head.
    Is it a 4 ohm or 8 ohm cab? I'd like to hear how it compares to the Ampeg also.
    :hyper:

5. 60bass

60bass Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    It's the 4 OHM version. I went with 4 because my Genz Benz GBE1200 will do 1200 watts into 2 OHMS all night long so I can run both cabs. Plus I wanted the full wattage with the new GK head. I can't wait till I get a chance to A/B it against my 410HLF. The HLF is at the practice space right now so it's just the Avatar tonight.

Keep Low :bassist:

6. 60bass

60bass Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Charlotte, NC