Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Woo Hoo.. New Bass (mørch)!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mikkel-S, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Mikkel-S

Mikkel-S Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Just received this in a trade for my Modulus Bass star!...[​IMG]

2. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    The only negative is the electronics.. Half of the stuff is taken out! It has piezo bridge but it's not connected! It also have stereo XLR out..
    I'm sending it to Johnny Mørch (the luthier) to have the original electronics put back in, including piezo and XLR out..[​IMG]

Here's the holes for the original elec's

3. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Here's the beautiful headstock..! Really Warwick like.. Or rip-off!!?[​IMG]

4. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    I dont know why but i like that bass. Cool body. Its a little dark for my tastes. But that look fits to the bass? Is it a fretless? Looks like it. Well, have fun playing it.

Why did you trade in a modulus man!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Michael

5. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Hey and thanks for the kind? reply..:D
    It's a fretless, but it was made fretted.. It's from 91' but the bass, except the holes are en exelent condition.. A Mørch bass is one of the finest instruments in Denmark, maybe Europe..!
    I traded in the Modulus because I never played it and wanted something more hi-end and classy!:D

6. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Here a pic og my 2 Mørch's and my new Gallien Krueger MB150S and my dog..:rolleyes:[​IMG] Sorry bout' the size

7. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Comments would be greatly appreciated.. I would like to know if any of know of Mørch basses? And do you like the design?

8. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    Cool bass. Different without being freakish. I don't know much about Morch basses, I must admit; I don't think he's ever sold many over here. The only other place I've seen him mentioned is on David King's site (look especially under pickups): www.kingbass.com

9. That is one cool bass! I'm sure it'll be even better once you get the piezo and XLR out working too! Very Carl Thompson-meets-Warwick look!

Oh yeah, and cute dog too!

10. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    I know he is rather unknown in US, it may be because his shop is rather hidden. It's placed outside a really little village in Denmark.
    But I would like to know how many of you have even heard of Mørch basses & guitars? It's supremely built instruments, with the most fantastic sound!

11. I had never heard of them before seeing yours. They look really good, I have to agree with the warwick meets CT look, especially on the 6 string. Nice dog too!

Geoff

12. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Heh heh.. My dog shouldn't have been on this picture, but he always sneaks in!:D btw. he's name is Buster.. So now you all know!

The basses sound absolutely fantastic, very warm and smoothe, with that extra Jazz-Bass bite and growl!

13. si_mon13

si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    denmark
    tilykke med din mørch nr. 2, så kan du vel godt slippe den 4strengede til lille sum. hils buster.

it being too dark is a bit funny, because mørch is pronounced as mørk, in danish which means dark. heh.

14. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Nahh, den 4-strengede er min baby.. det er en definitiv keeper!..

What a coincidence, it's a tad to the dark side, Mørch is translated Dark in danish.. :D

15. i think the headstock is very reminiscent of the Wal headstock. sort of a cross between Wal and Warwick, i guess.

robb.