Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Woo Hoo...Score

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Mar 12, 2005.

1. im getting a KSD j70 5 string :D

lets all rejoice shall we

2. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Are you keeping the K?

3. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Australia
    He certainly is NOT keeping the Kubicki.

4. damn straight......im swapping the kubicki for the ken smith...and oh what a beautiful ken smith it is too :D

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Eek-those KSD jazzes must be pretty rare in Australia-a new one is under a grand here in the US, while a used Kubicki still pulls in about $1000 or more.

EDIT: The KSDs are even less than I thought-the model you're getting is $796 new at Bass Central. You Aussies have to get some better importers there.

[​IMG]

6. im actually trading with brian barret...i should hopefully have it in about 2-3 weeks....im sending the 'Bikci off this week..i dont really care about prices...im getting what i wanted...now for a 2x15 :D

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    you're joking.

8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    so what caused the huge turnaround, heath? you were pretty steadfast that you would never need anything other than your detuned d on the kubicki.

9. After all the Kubicki drama, he has to be kidding.

10. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    You must be kidding. I've actually played the KSD in question. Its not in the best shape. I think I remember a scratchy pot or something wrong with it. It was originally in Guitar Center, used for $899, then Brian came in and trade some of his basses for half of the basses at Guitar Center, which can be seen on his site. Keep the 'bicki if trading is the case.

11. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Shhhh. It'll be funny.

12. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    True.
    I heard the reason he actually got rid of the K was he was sick of people calling the bass Kermit and asking, "What's green and smells like Hamm?"

13. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I just went to thelowend website and saw that the KSD is selling for only $500 because it has some nicks-Heath, are you sure you can't come up with $500? That's a really terrible trade for you-it may be the bass you want, but you could find a better way to get it, I'm sure...

14. brians getting a new preamp in it this week, im sure on the trade..i mean, kubickis are great instruments and all, im just really paranoid about the greeny....im gonna get another kubicki in the years to come...just a normal one, that and its not suiting the direction im heading

15. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I totally understand the not suiting your needs reasoning. I've taken a big hit selling a bass because it just wasn't exactly what I wanted, and I was very happy with the outcome as I was able to get one that did with the money.
    What's abnormal about your Kubicki-is it just the color?

16. well im playing more blues and hip hop these days....with a fair bit of jazz influenced funk...so im looking for more a marcus miller type tone, the kubicki is really bright....

plus with the kubicki if something ever happens to it its not something that can be replaced at the drop of a hat, being stuart hamms and all (not that that means anything to some o you :p ) it just makes me really paranoid about it....id rather have a normal one and not have to worry so much about it being stolen or anything, of course ill still be worried about stuff like that, just no so worried

17. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    You could always go for that one at the Bass Palace-just like yours but without the wear, and it doesn't smell like Hamm ;)
    [​IMG]

18. i want a white one :D :p

but ive always wanted a jazz....so im convinced this is a good move....

19. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Always groove.... Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
    I tried one of the KSD basses and wasn't at all impressed. It played and felt like a $6-700 bass. Nothing special. Maybe I tried a poor example though.

20. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Well, then I guess it's a good thing that the KSD is selling for $500 ;).