1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Woo Hoo! The New Phone books are here....I mean, new bass day!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by darkfinger, Apr 30, 2010.

1. 2005 MIA Fender Jazz V

21libf4.

2nuonqw.

:hyper::hyper::hyper::cool::D

*edit* yeah yeah, it needs a tort pick guard.

2. pica

pica Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Michigan
    Oh man, I love that color red with the black pick-guard. Nice find. :bassist:

Edit: I wouldn't change anything!!!!!!

3. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

JMac- Wiskerface Designs Terror headcase dude

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    +1 on the tort! Sweet bass man enjoy!

4. rr5025

rr5025

Nov 12, 2008
    Get away from the cans! He hates those cans!

5. Thanks guys, I'm super excited.

I just got back from Musexpo, and after performing with my Squier J and killing it (literally, I don't know how it happened but after the gig I noticed a huge crack in the neck...no wonder it wouldn't stay in tune). I felt that I should pick up something a little more high quality.

6. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

JMac- Wiskerface Designs Terror headcase dude

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Yes, that film is a classic........ Inventor of the opti-grab........ Priceless

7. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    Nice bass!! I'm a tort fan, but I like the black/red combo very much.

8. pica

pica Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Michigan
    Do you mind me asking where you found such an awesome bass. Looks to be in pretty good shape for a 2005.

9. JaySwear

JaySwear

Apr 15, 2010
    Gaithersburg, MD
    we got phone books too! i think they forgot to drop off a 5 stringer here though... nice bass!

10. Actually, it was at L&M in Winnipeg.

It used to be a rental but apparently it didn't see much action... And, the price was right!

It sounds fantastic, and there are a couple of dings on it but yeah it's in pretty good condition

11. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    congrats!

You're a somebody now!

12. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    someones gettin played tonite!

13. Ha! I'm a somebody!!!!!

Yeah, Just got home from the first rehearsal with her. Oh my f-ing lord does she sound sweet! the only thing I couldn't immediately find a use for was the "humbucker(?)" button.
    The neck is super fast and the bass itself is quite light.

14. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    Its called the S-1 switch...it's a series/parallel switch. The idea is get to a tone similar to a P-bass by pressing it in, then back to a standard Jazz sound when it's not pressed in. It's a good idea on paper, but not too practical for most people, especially considering the fairly large output jump you get from pressing that button. It also sucks a LOT of the high end out of your tone. They always sounded muddy to me. Still, it works better on the Jazz than it did on the P-basses of that era.

I would just ignore it, unless you suddenly find yourself needing to be louder and muddier simultaneously. Also, be careful that it doesn't get stuck in the "in" position, a fairly common complaint with that switch.

Despite the warnings, I'm of the opinion that basses from that era are grossly underrated. Glad you like her so far.

15. Yeah, D.A. you described the tone perfectly. I doubt the S-1 switch will get alot of, if any use, but who knows?

16. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    When my girlfriend and I (now shes my wife of over 20 years) got our first place, I did that bit when the phone books were delivered....but I digress.

That is a sweet color combination!