Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Woo-hoo !!!...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JayAmel, Aug 10, 2002.

1. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Hi,

Just ordered it. The shop is now on holidays and opens back on Aug 27...

[​IMG]

All the best,

2. JayAmel

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    I guess everyone recognized this bass, but in case someone didn't, it's a Status Energy 4...

All the best,

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That's it! I knew the body shape looked familiar, but the headstock shape didn't. Naturally, I wouldn't recognize a Status headstock, since the only Status I've ever seen with a headstock was Entwistle's Buzzard.

Congrats!

4. JayAmel

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    As far as I know, almost all Status basses (except the Buzzard) are available in two versions : headless or "standard".

I missed a headless Series 2000 (all graphite) a few days ago. Purchasing this Energy 4 is my revenge ;)

I just had to do a small "sacrifice" : the Series 2000 was priced at 305 EUR, the Energy is at 615. But anyway, it's worth it.

All the best,

5. Many of the current graphite-necked models are available with a headless option. That's not true of the wood-necked models like the Energy,as far as I know.

Mike

6. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Congrats! Status makes wonderful basses:D

7. Yes, they do, and they're really cool about answering questions and whatnot, too.

Mike

8. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Congrats!

9. JayAmel

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Sure I made a good deal... The Series 2000, priced 305 EUR, was a far better deal, but unfortunately when I wanted to say "I take it" it was already sold :(

All the best,

10. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I have the same bass in a 5 string version. I like it, it's a nice well-made bass. The best thing about it is the neck, it's very thin and flat, which I like. Very playable. The 4-string neck isn't quite as thin, but it was still comfortable, IMO. The treble boost/cut sounds a bit harsh sometimes, depending on what system you're going through, or what strings you're using. The overall sound is quite good, it lacks a little bottom though, also depending on what you play it through. Lots of midrange, and a crisp treble. Fretwork is pretty good, I can get quite low action with acceptable fretbuzz. There's some, but I can live with it, I play with a pretty light touch most of the time. The big ash body is pretty heavy, atleast my 5-stringer is, so get a wide strap. If there's anything else you want to know, just ask and i'll try to help you. Please post your oppinions when you get it, it'd be much interesting to compare how you think it sounds and feels!

11. JayAmel

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Thanks Hujo,

Sure I'll keep anyone informed. This bass will arrive at the end of the month.

All the best,

12. :D
    C'est tres jolie, mon frere! Felicitations!!:cool: