Woo hoo!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Lisa Weiss, Dec 14, 2002.

1. I am now the proud owner of 9.52 acres in the mountains near Blue Ridge, GA. :D

Hopefully, this picture will actually work...if it does, it will be the view off my back deck when we build the house.

2. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    Is that "Dueling Banjos" I hear playing in the background? "Squeal like a pig, Boy!.." :D

Seriously, I love it up in N. Ga and Southern NC. It would be my choice for a real estate purchase, too.

3. Yeah...we're really gonna blend up there! :D We went to close yesterday. We stopped to grab something to eat, and I'm looking around, thinking we're gonna stick out like a sore thumb! :eek:

The property is in Talking Rock, and if we were on the other side of the mountain, we'd have a killer view of Carter's Lake, which is the only other thing that would make it better. As it is, we get a nice view of the lake driving up to the property.

And...as a big bonus....we're about 30 minutes from Greg Curbow! :D

4. Sinker

Dec 4, 2002
    Newark, DE USofA
    congrats. I don't know the area, but it looks and sounds great. Nothing like a few acres to give you some peace.

5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Lisa, congrats. It looks like a wonderful place!
  6. Man...you aren't kidding! I'm about sick of Atlanta traffic!! :D

Thanks HD! I'm just way too excited...and we bought it on Friday the 13th! :D

7. Sweet! Any wild turkeys running round there?

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Lisa -

Beautiful!!! Congradulations.

Hope you can make it by O'do on your next trip down, I wanna see more pix!!! :D
  9. Congratulations Lisa - looks real nice and tranquil!!! I hope you enjoy your new home!!!:)
  10. Boy, how things turn around huh?!! ;)

That looks like enough room to really raise a ruckus. Joe knows what kind of noise - planers, jointers, sanders, etc.

Congratulations on your new life.
  11. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Congrats Lisa ! Seems to be a very nice place.

All the best,
  12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    congrats on your new property. when's the housewarming? barbara and i want to come :)
  13. Fetch....there are loads of wild turkeys...and deer running around up there.

Gard...I tired to get more yesterday, but the darned camera wasn't charged. It was a beautiful day too, darn it! I'll get some next time we head up there.

Hammy...I have the whole shop planned...and the studio too...not to mention the pool/game room! :D

John....We have to build the house before the housewarming! :D You and Barb will definitely get an invite....along with everyone else around here.

Thanks to everyone else for the congrats!