Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Woo! My prof is the 3rd most 'dangerous' professor in America!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Aaron, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    David Horowitz put out this ridiculous and libelous book about the 101 most 'dangerous' professors in the U.S. where he pretty much rags on teachers with liberal leanings.

Well horowitz put a survey on his website to find out who was the most dangerous. My teacher informed us about it to get our support, as he has been trying to get into the top 4. Well, it appears we managed to vote for him enough times that he managed to get the 3rd spot. I'm not sure who in the class managed to vote for him so much, but my prof passed up some pretty prolific and famous individuals to get there such as Angela Davis, Noam Chomsky, Ward Churchill, and Howard Zinn.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/survey/Response.asp

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    So he isn't really the third most, you just voted for him enough to get him that high.

-Mike

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I think, in order for something to be truly "rediculous", it must be spelled right. He's not your English or Grammar Professor, right? If he is, he'd get my vote.

4. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Ahh, so this is what higher learning is all about.:meh:

5. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    There's only one professor from NYU! :crying:

6. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    The students of the top 2 did the same thing.

7. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    That's a pretty rough response for a single spelling error. I'm sure you have made a spelling mistake before, so that would make your English teachers the most dangerous in the world? Missing 1 letter out of 533 isn't that bad. Having 99.8% accuracy isn't much lower than 100%.

8. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    It's just entertainment.

9. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

There are also quite a few grammatical errors. (Since we are keeping percentages)

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Sheesh, here we go with the intimidation again. I'm going to go to bed before I get arrested! :D

-Mike

11. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    So that justifies your claim that my English teachers are dangerous?

My grammar is not that bad, especially for being late. There are far worse things out there you could use to drain your energy.

12. I had Matthew Evangelista for a freshman rhet class. Dude is cool and loved my writing style. He also knows a lot about Russia. Not sure about his contention that peace groups on both sides of the Iron Curtain were the primary force in ending the Cold War, though.

13. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Ah! Clearly he is a terrorist threat! He has clear connections to the Soviets!

14. "Ah, university education, you can't beat it!"

15. I've heard rumors that Chomsky has used ghostwriters fairly extensively for his political books. (Presumably, he has not done so for his linguistics work, because I don't think anyone else in the world knows exactly what the hell he's talking about.)

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I found his early linguistics work intriguing and it's standard fare in communications theory studies. Of course he's a total weirdo though.

bc

17. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

Chomsky is the Anti-Flag of progressive writers. Second-tier theorizing for fashionistas.

18. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Why is your prof wasting his professional time and your educational dollars on this type of crap? Personally, I would be pissed if one of my profs had wasted my time talking about this is class.

Glad to know his priorities are in order.

19. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    How much does it cost to post a link on a website? I've done it a couple of times and I can't seem to remember ever paying any money for it. In addition, the time it takes to fill out the survey several times, pales in comparison to the amount of time most college students spend trying to figure out the relationship status of that girl in their cultural sociology class on facebook.com; or what their ex is up to on myspace.com.

20. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    You're missing my point. You are paying him to teach you, not to persue is little personal vendettas. He is wasting YOUR money.