Woo! New job and pending move!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by pigpen02, Nov 9, 2002.

1. pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    not a far move, just about 45 minutes away, but it'll be nice to be a little farther removed from this nasty little burg.

new job is sweet, almost a %50 pay increase over the one i recently quit! in home support counselor for mentally retarded/mentally ill clients. i'm stoked! previously, i had seven clients, all at once, all with mental retardation. now, i love 'em, but damn! that's a bit much for one man. now i'll be doing purely one on one work, gotta be great.

so i'm moving to leesburg, va shortly. only been there twice, does anybody have the inside scoop on the area/music scene and shops/things to do and see/cost of living and so forth?

only places i've really been were the ball's bluff tavern (not impressed,) the chrysalis winery (nice,) and melodee music (great shop.) so, any leesburg tb'ers? any info will be appreciated.
  2. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    congrats on the new job.. wish I could help you with some info... but i'm not from VA... but i imagine someone can help you...

Congrats again.. 50% increase sounds nice
  3. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Good job. Go make us proud.
  4. I have two jobs who said they'll ring me sometime next week for a verdict. One said its down to me, but they have one more applicant to do an interview for.

Thats all great... but i had hoped to see the girlfriend (who is interstate) from the 4th of December to the 20th. Been planning such a holiday since July. Do i :

A) cancel it if i get the job, be very disappointing yes.

B) tell the new job i have had a holiday booked for months and will be leaving for it in about 3 weeks? If this is the case, do i mention this straight away as in "hey you've got the job" moment?