WOO! New power amp... safely secured into his rack mounted home

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TheChariot, Jul 17, 2004.

1. TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Yay! I picked up a brand new power amp today! Finally... both cabs are being powered and everything is nice and dandy in bass-land...... (in my basement, at least). Here's my current setup now.

The Rack (6 spaces)
    QSC RMX1450 (2)
    Ampeg B2R... only for preamp usage now. (2)
    Empty space... probably gonna put a Korg tuner in there.
    Cheapo Power conditioner at the bottom. (1)

The Speakers
    Ampeg BXT410... I turned the horn up to about midway, and I'm probably going to feed it a lot of power.
    Ampeg BXT115... FINALLY I get to use this cab with the other one! I turned the horn down quite a bit, so it really adds "boom" for the most part... but thats what I was truly lacking.

450W to each cab, parallel. I havent played with the Guitar (Marshall Halfstack) and drums yet... but I'm predicting that I wont even need to have the gains turned up more than 1 o'clock to really be heard a lot.

Yep... so thanks to those of you who gave me good suggestions when I first came around here. Especially to those who suggested QSC. I also sold my bass on here, which gave me the money I needed.... so yeah.. this site is awesome.

If anyone's curious, I paid $425 at Guitar Center for the power amp, a 5' XLR cable, and a pack of screws. Not the greatest deal, but I really wanted the warantee and such. And its better than paying for a new friggon head :spit: .

Thanks again... I'll post pics of the new setup when I get the chance.

2. TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Simple question... but I figured I'd ask.

If for any reason, I wanted to just use one of my cabs in parallel mode, would that be ok? Like... to completely unhook one of the cabs and leave the other one behind, if I needed/wanted to do so?
  3. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Sure, no problem at all.