Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WOO! New power amp... safely secured into his rack mounted home

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TheChariot, Jul 17, 2004.

1. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Yay! I picked up a brand new power amp today! Finally... both cabs are being powered and everything is nice and dandy in bass-land...... (in my basement, at least). Here's my current setup now.

The Rack (6 spaces)
    QSC RMX1450 (2)
    Ampeg B2R... only for preamp usage now. (2)
    Empty space... probably gonna put a Korg tuner in there.
    Cheapo Power conditioner at the bottom. (1)

The Speakers
    Ampeg BXT410... I turned the horn up to about midway, and I'm probably going to feed it a lot of power.
    Ampeg BXT115... FINALLY I get to use this cab with the other one! I turned the horn down quite a bit, so it really adds "boom" for the most part... but thats what I was truly lacking.

450W to each cab, parallel. I havent played with the Guitar (Marshall Halfstack) and drums yet... but I'm predicting that I wont even need to have the gains turned up more than 1 o'clock to really be heard a lot.

Yep... so thanks to those of you who gave me good suggestions when I first came around here. Especially to those who suggested QSC. I also sold my bass on here, which gave me the money I needed.... so yeah.. this site is awesome.

If anyone's curious, I paid $425 at Guitar Center for the power amp, a 5' XLR cable, and a pack of screws. Not the greatest deal, but I really wanted the warantee and such. And its better than paying for a new friggon head :spit: .

Thanks again... I'll post pics of the new setup when I get the chance.

~Evan

2. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Simple question... but I figured I'd ask.

If for any reason, I wanted to just use one of my cabs in parallel mode, would that be ok? Like... to completely unhook one of the cabs and leave the other one behind, if I needed/wanted to do so?

3. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Sure, no problem at all.