1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. Because Photobucket has chosen to in effect "take down" everyone's photos (unless you pay them), we have extended post edit time in the Luthier's Corner to UNLIMITED.  If you used photobucket and happen to still have your images of builds, you can go back and fix as many of your posts as far back as you wish.

Note that TalkBass will host unlimited attachments for you, all the time, for free ;)  Just hit that "Upload a File" button.  You are also free to use our Media Gallery if you want a place to create albums, organize photos, etc :)

Wood for Neck Through Bass

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by theydolph, Nov 15, 2002.

1. theydolph

theydolph Guest

Oct 26, 2002
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me any place to find wood for the neck of a through neck bass. I have looked on Stew Mac and Luthiers Mercantile but all they have is wood for bolt-on or set neck.
    Thanks

2. FBB Custom

FBB Custom TalkBass Pro Commercial User

Jan 26, 2002
    Maryland
    Owner: FBB Bass Works
    Go to a lumberyard, or look online. I bet Larry at Gallery Hardwoods could set you up.

An electric bass neck should start at least 4' long. If you go to a lumberyard, keep that in mind and look for straight, straight-grained lumber.

3. theydolph

theydolph Guest

Oct 26, 2002
    Thanks!