Wood knobs for my Curbow!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by berklee46, Nov 3, 2003.

1. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    I just got a picture of the beautful wooden knobs that Roger at THG Knobs (http://www.thgknobs.com) made for my upcoming Curbow bass. They are spalted maple with a mother-of-pearl dot on top.
    He was extremely helpful and went out of his way to find some wood that I thought would go very well with this bass and still not seem too boring, or detract too much from the body wood.

PLus, the price was GREAT!
    Here's the bass:
    Here are the new knobs:

I think they will end up looking pretty nice together. :D
  2. MyNameIsMUD

Sep 25, 2003

shame those knob's would look dumb on my(soon to be)metallic red cort curbow... :rolleyes:
  3. I am REALLY diggin' on your bass, you have great taste!

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    look at those knobs!
  5. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Well, since the buckeye for my top was picked out by bassmonkee and the spalted maple for the knobs was selected by Roger at THG Knobs, I can't claim to have much taste at all. ;)

I guess I really need to start playing a more active role in my bass choices, but being so far away from where these things are being built, I need to rely on other people's good taste. :D

Now if I could only get the %&*$ bass in my hands instead of just random pictures here and there...At this rate, I'll be posting pictures of my straplocks next week!
  6. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Those knobs are beautiful!