1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wooden music and techno-music-display FTW....

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by T_Bone_TL, May 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    NW Mass/SW VT
    Playing at our usual weekly Jam last night. Big honking thunderstorm blows through. Power goes out.

We are a totally acoustic group (I play the Lidl.)

Pretty much everyone has the music on some sort of tablet (no, it's not all in our heads.)

So, tablets have batteries, everybody can see the music, and there's no amplification in use - jam merrily rolls along until it's going home (in the dark) time. Had to turn around once for a downed tree.

BassCliff likes this.
  2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

What is a Lidl? And yes, I tried googling this first.

3. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    Czech brand of string bass, now sold as Strunal basses.

4. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    NW Mass/SW VT
    And I think there's a third name from when the factory was in Czechoslovakia (AFAIK the factory didn't move, but it was in the Czech Republic when mine was made. Then again it may be that several brands merged.) The 50/1 is the low-end model - "1/50th as good as a good one" with maple fingerboard, plywood, etc...