Woodmade Ibanez Ergodyne?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EvilBassPlayer, Jan 5, 2002.

1. Hi everyone!

Yesterday i was checking out "Amusing Basses" on bunnybass.com when i found this on one of the pages...

The Ibanez AFR (pre-EDA Ergodyne?):eek:

This is an old ibanez model? A custom? Who knows?:confused:

I always liked the Ergodyne EDA, but another luthite bass on my rig... nope, i want wood this time:D

2. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    That's an older Ibanez model (not sure how old, though). I believe they didn't make too many of those before they discontinued it? I've seen a few of those on Ebay.
  3. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    that headstock looks more like a spear than a headstock. uuuuuugly.

but it's definitely better than the luthite one!

4. cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    The neck looks alot wider than the regular EDA...thats what i really like about that bass too:)
  5. Self defense for rough crowds.:D

Rock on
  6. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    That's the old model that they are "bringing back" in the Ergodyne serious. IIRC, it's an 80s model from the Musician line...I think.
  7. Hey I have nothing against use a bass for self defense.
    :D (Warwick5s comment)

I've read this bass has a piezo pickup and monorail (just look the pic again) bridge, like the EDA... i feel the obscure need to have one of these...:eek: :D

Sofa King... Ebay you say? Im in south america, damn! Too far away!
  8. It also looks like there is a hip-shot on there, but it could just be a smudge on my screen.

Rock on
  9. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    If I recall correctly (and I always do) that series was released but didn't sell well at all due to high production costs and consequently high retail price.