Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Woodstock 4 -- Make it happen

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tooljones, Apr 20, 2005.

1. tooljones

tooljones

Apr 19, 2005
    i found this site for woodstock 4. this guy owns the rights to set up the next woodstock, and he seems to actually want to make this concert way better than ever; even no radiation! i found this site about a year ago, and since then, he has gotten little response and no sponsorship for the whole gig. if you're interested in giving him any suggestions or if you're the CEO of Pepsi, you can go here and help him out. i'd really like to go to another woodstock, despite the radiation. he wants to do it in canada.

and he has a whole list of the bands he wants to play the stage, and i promise you that one of your favorites is on there. mine are :hyper:

www.woodstock4.com

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I think after the destruction of the last one they are a littel sceptical of doing it again.

3. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    Yeah...

I know! Let's have Altimont 2!

:rollno:

Troll

4. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    As far as I'm concerned, they got it right with Woodstock 1, should have left it at that.

5. tooljones

tooljones

Apr 19, 2005
    If they did it right this time, you'd want Woodstock 5. At least help the guy out. He's a great business man, and if you support his idea, he'll do it for sure. Believe me when I say that because I've known him a long time; since woodstock 99.

6. The only way i would go, was if it had a very wide selection of music taste, and it wasn't corporate sponsored. The reason about corporate sponsor is i've had enough of all these tours and shows beeing such allways just another corporation wanting to make more money. Like all these companies getting onto the biill as such as green day sponsored by Nokia was part of the american idiot tour, and i think its bogus.

7. tooljones

tooljones

Apr 19, 2005
    why do you care if a company makes money? how does it directly affect you as an individual? no need to try to be some kind of rebel. and if you want music variety, just look at the list of bands he has posted. the ones in bold are the ones HE chose to come, should they choose.

8. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    what's this radiation you're talking about ?

9. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    it doesn't have the same purpose anymore. and the last one was just a disaster.

10. Since I share similar views with the other post, I thought I'd respond.

Personally, I get tired of having commercials (in all their traditional and non traditional forms) thrown at me everytime I attend or view a leisure activity. I've got no care or concern for a company trying to turn a profit...but I don't have to be one of the people they pitch to, either. If I want to relax, a flashing Pepsi sign bleaching my retinas will not be part of my day. I've got a CD player and a room with nothing on the walls that will suit me just fine.

While I'm on it, ticket prices are insane. I've been to festival with 30 bands playing....paid for 30 bands' worth of music, and actually had the time to see 5. The rest of the time was spent shuffling through narrow gates rubbing flesh with sweaty people I don't know. Since this experience (and a few others I've edited out) I no longer pay more than $30 to see ANYTHING (a figure that I've adjusted for inflation since I first made this decision). Don't think $30 is a lot? Consider everything else I could buy instead of the pleasure of listening to my favorite band next to some crack whore that'll do anything she can to get on stage. Going to a festival is like paying to be inconvenienced by a sea of morons...and then robbed at beer-point.

Lastly, I don't consider myself a rebel. In fact, I am "the man". I wear a tie everyday and think of new and imaginitive ways to separate people from their money for my organization. I don't like to pay for the same experience at a concert.

None of this is aimed at you, personally. This is just my opinion of concerts and advertisng.

Mike

11. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    will the americas ever have their own Glastonbury?

:rollno:

12. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    After reading his outline and ideas, having dealt with 501c3 organizations in the past, I wouldn't say that he's a great businessman. I wouldn't trust him with any of my money, anyways. If this is the point that he's reached so far, it's an indicator that there isn't much chance he'd be able to get a single band on that list anyways. I'm not trying to be rude-it's just not a well-thoughout idea at all.

And the whole ownership of the Woodstock name seems to go against the nature of what Woodstock was. It would be just using the name to get people to come to a big concert.

13. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    :eyebrow:
    Umm yeah.....

14. g04t

g04t

Aug 16, 2004
    Sunnyvale, CA
    i would like to see pink floyd playing on one stage and roger waters playing on another at the same time.

15. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I'm pretty sure this is a stupid idea... they'll never recreate the original in any fashion, what they end up achieving is like a one stop Ozzfest - get a few big names, a bunch of small ones going for a show. Big deal. What's with people and trying to re-create woodstock?

Ray