Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Woodstock Marathon on VH1 this weekend

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by chadds, Aug 20, 2005.

1. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    If you haven't seen it here's a chance to see 1969 equipment doing it live outside. Joe Cocker SVT/p-bass, Ten Years After/Marshalls, Jimi/Marshalls, Santana/Acoustic 360, Sly/Sunns and Acoustics etc. Not to mention getting a feel of the true spirit of that event. They are also showing the day after Woodstock 1969 Dick Cavett show with the Jefferson Airplane(you can see Jack Casady's Versatone and a ton of Fender gear. Hendrix was on on the next day I don't know if VH1 is going to show this Cavett show. Enjoy.
    I was there and the paddock near the stage had large trucks labelled Sunn and Ampeg parked there.

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Just watched the DVD release last night. It had extras that my old laser disc ver didn't have. It's nice to see the old acts again. They definitely rocked back then (I was 3 when WS went down).

The Canned Heat bass guy had great tone. Richie Haven's guitar was sparkling.

Entwistle could barely be heard. Someone overdubbed a solo in one of the Who songs. Maybe it's just the decline of the recording's quality over the years that forced them to do it.

Anyway, good buy for $15.00.