Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WooHoo. Big things in Wheat Land

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tufnuts, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Hey all. I think I've found 2 new bands to jump into.

First one is a singer/guitarist and a singer/drummer. They are an established band already, but singer/bassist had to leave (Wifey). 31 and 36 year old (I'm 26) so I'm the youngen. Lots of good music..lotta emo rock kinda stuff. Nothing really hard as far as bass work, and got a couple of very well seasoned musicians to compliment me. This was on some existing originals they had, and I didn't have a bass line to go along with. I 95% nailed 'em, Kept it simple (hard to do!! lol). Threw in some muted notes for the drummer. While they weren't speachless, I think I gained some respect. Good deal. Plus those two sounded solid enough on their respective areas. Kudos guys.

Second thing is the Singer and Guitarist that I already have lined up. A drummer at work (he's my boss...dunno bout that) wants to try out for us. I let him see a setlist that we're gonna have going for us, and now he wants to get it on. Good deal..I've been playing w/ this guitarist for a little bit now, and think highly of his guitar work (even if he doesn't). The singer is just the dude. He's a kareoke (how do you spell it?) DJ on the side, so ole boy can sing. We should really be able to take over the local band scene w/ this lineup.

And I'm playing mostly on my 4 string warmoth! Holy Moly! Check my pulse! (Long time 5 string lover). Man, that thing just has the absolute perfect karma for me. Responds to my hands nearly perfectly, feels built like a tank. Big, heavy, forceful. Everone needs a JazzRay w/ a SD SMB-4Ds in it. Take that as fact. It woops up on lesser basses then it goes out and collects money for homeless and sick kids....it's that dang good.

Plus my ampeg/carvin/My cab setup just absolutelyfrickingtootly lays out the big thick bass soup that all need to take a big spoonful from. Yum.

2. I must say...that is the most quoteable post I have ever made.

"Everone needs a JazzRay w/ a SD SMB-4Ds in it"

"It woops up on lesser basses then it goes out and collects money for homeless and sick kids....it's that dang good"

"lays out the big thick bass soup that all need to take a big spoonful from"

Use at your own risk, thought they were so good that they really needed to be seen :)

3. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    You don't get out much, do ya man?;)

Seriously, that's great. Playing with good players is always a good thing. Good luck.

Alex