Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Woohoo-Birthday Loot!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I turned 25 today, and had a one great birthday to boot. It started out by finding out I won Best in Show at a handicapped artists exhibition in Cincinnati and got a big award check in the mail. My wife got us Indian food for lunch (my favorite) and then gave me about a zillion DVDs that I'll never have time to watch. Since I'm a big horror fan and it's friday the 13th (or at least was), she got me Friday the 13th 1-7, Halloween Special Edition, Halloween 2, the Aliens Quadrilogy, Happy Birthday To Me dubbed onto DVD, April Fool's Day, My Bloody Valentine, Gremlins, and Rocky and Bullwinkle Season 1.

On top of that, she got me a Playstation 2 and four games (Simpsons Hit and Run, GTA III/Vice City doublepack, Manhunt, and one that I still have to pick out. I haven't really played any video games since I put away my Super Nintendo in 10th grade, so I'm blown away by the new games out there. It'll probably take me weeks just to figure out the seventy-three buttons on the controller. Whatever happened to select, start, A, and B? ;) Any suggestions for good games? I'm also planning on getting Street Fighter Alpha 3, Tony Hawk P.S. 4, and Tench III: Wraith of Heaven.

I also got a case for my custom, money and gift certificates from various relatives, some cute books and Care Bears, and a nice dinner and cake with family. Awesome day!

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Sound of scratching record and music stopping.

Care bears?

All was going well up until this point.
    Congrats on a great birthday and the art thing.

brad cook

3. Jaye

Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Sounds like a great birthday. Congrats. :bassist:

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hey, they're cute! Actually, our nursery is decorated in a Care Bears theme, so we've got like forty of them in the house.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Get Madden 2004, NBA Live 2004, Amped 2, Links 2004, Tiger Woods 2004, SSX Tricky, or SSX3.

-Mike

6. u sure ur turned 25? u still sound like a kid.

7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Yeah really, at 25 you should be writing out your will and planning for your final expenses. :rolleyes:

edit: Happy Birthday! Congrats on the show!

8. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Happy birthday!!!! Sounds like you got some great gifts. Enjoy!

9. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    no u

10. Slot

Slot

Oct 17, 2003
    Sydney - The Shire
    tony 4 ......oooh yeeea

11. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Let's see....I celebrated 24 OTHER birthdays before this one......exactly what makes you think I sound like a kid? Hold on, let me rephrase that... wut maks u thnk i sound lyke a kid?

Oh, and thanks guys! Valentine's was pretty awesome too.

12. i dont misspell stuff that often.

*think*
    *think*
    *think*

SHUT UP!!! *goes home crying, then realizes that she is at home*

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    So Brian.....what game did you end up getting????????

I'm going to take my immature 32 year old self into my living room right now and play some Amped2. :D

-Mike

14. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    ur jus gellus u didnt think of it b4

15. Happy Birthday Bryan! Sounds like ya got a good lot. As for the PS2 games, I suggest Tony Hawks Underground over THPS4, it's a lot better.

16. You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.

17. Happy birthday, belatedly! That is an incredible amount of loot, too. :D

Congratulations on the art prize, what did you show?

18. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    Score! :D