Woohoo!! Employee of the Month!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Yay!!! They selected me to be Empolyee of the Month!!!:D

I thought it was because I was doing a good job (well, decent anyway) but apprently it is because I got 3 customer comment cards that said I was a nice person and helped them out, while NO ONE ELSE got ANY response cards:eek:. Methinks that there is some major lack of job pride here.:spit:

Anyway, this means in July I get to go on a "gambling" cruise on the Sternwheeler (nice little paddle boat here on the Willamette) where the play money that I might win (apparently there are some real card sharks up at corporate) can be used to buy things like REAL money, paid vacations, equipment, or tickets to events. Maybe someone good will come to town so I can score free tix. Can anyone tell me if Tool will be back together by then?

Oh, and this comes with a raise as well. Sweet!!:D

Rock on
  2. Wow, I'm happy for you!

Rock on, seriously!
  3. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    What do you do again?

brad cook
  4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I think he cleans up the peep booths at the local adult bookstore.

Or maybe he's a salesman at GC?

Congrats, Eric!
  5. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Didn't he just used to be option #2? That only leaves #1... Good work, Eric :smug: :D
  6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Way to go Eric. I'll make a point of stopping by your place of employment the next time I am down your way and fill out a card for you. Maybe you can turn this into a dynasty. Win for seven or eight months straight. You could be like the UCLA Bruins basketball team from the late 60's.

Before I do that, remind me where you work. :)

7. Nope, don't work for GC any more. Now it's GI Joes, which started life as a military surplus store, but has now changed into outdoorsy stuff, carhartt clothing, automotive stuff, some athletics, guns, shoes, and some RV/Marine stuff. Your basic guy store.:D

I'm a chashier/ticketmaster/ODFW guy. Two of the comments I got were because I spent time on the phone trying to figure out why a couple of people couldn't get their fishing liscence. Apparentlt because I TRIED, and didn't just give up, I gave them a good impression.

Rock on