Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Woohoo! First tattoo

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    hello all tbers.. old and new...i took a break for a while.
    and i decided to come back.and look what i got today!

[​IMG]

it didn't hurt nearly as bad as i thought it would

2. what does it mean? I mean beyond being on a Led Zep album?

3. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Hey man. Welcome back. Nice ink.

4. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    it has a religous meaning. and the last time religion was brought into a tattoo thread, i believe it was shut down. so we'll leave it out.

but if you really want to know, PM me

5. Awesome Tatt.

I'll probably get a bass clef somewhere once I'm 18.

6. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Very cool,wish i had the guts to get one.Dont forget to stock
    up on Vaseline intensive care.

7. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Cool tattoo.

8. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    A&D works best. Tattoos are like a drug, once you get one you can't stop. I can't decide what to spend more on Tatts or gear.

9. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    yeah i got plenty of A&D

10. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    I got my first one at 15 and haven't been able to stop since. I am 33. I am glad tattoo artists love giving tattoos to band members for cheaper since their work can be seen in a bigger market. TIP: make it known you are in a band and they might hook you up. It works for me.

11. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Not necessarily. It's good stuff, but I can't use it because it breaks me out. Instead I use tattoo goo, which doesn't carry as strong an anti-bacterial punch, but it's easier on my skin.

Clay: Make sure you wash it really often, don't pick at it, and don't let it dry out. After a little while you can get away from the A&D and just use a good lotion to keep the skin from drying out.

I wish I had more time and money for more tattoo work. I haven't even finished my sleeves yet. :(

12. I want more tattoos. I only have one but know three others I want, maybe one after those, but that will be all. Probably before my friend goes into the military in the spring we will both go and get one together :hyper:

13. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    One bit of advice. I would plan your whole arm out before you get one(because you'll get more). UNless you want that jailhouse look.

14. If you are talking to me: I know exactly what I want to get and where. Also, I don't like sleeves so I will not get more then what I want, I think it would be too much. If not: Good advice.

15. hope u still like it when yer an old man. thats one of the reasons y i prolly wont ever get one.

pretty cool tat tho.

16. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    That's why i always shook my head whenever somebody came into the shop I worked in and just wanted something from one of the flash books, instead of letting us work with them to draw something up. How is something that untold numbers of other people got by pointing at the same page going to speak to your individual sensibilities and life experiences?

17. its a celtic knot of eternal life or something. i think.

18. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I am a tattoo fan myself, congrads on your first this is a big step.

19. Cool tat , im kinda jealous! :)

Id love to have one but Im only 16, so i dont think im old enough. Ive heard that if your parents come with you , then you can get it done under 18 but i doubt that will happen. My dad or stepdad might , but my mom would never.......

Oh well , one day ill get a few.

20. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    aaaw... thats cute.