WOOHOO! kick ass gig offered!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tim Cole, Nov 5, 2002.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Just found out that today a rep from a local radio station stopped in at my drummer's music store/studio this afternoon, and offered us a gig with SEVENDUST!!!!! Nothing has been finalized yet, so the date is still tentative, but it looks as if everything is a go. Man, this is gonna be awesome.....17 years of playing, and I will finally get 45 minutes of actually feeling like somebody because of it......can't wait!!!!!!!
  2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Wow, congrats! That's a pretty big-time gig if you get it. Have someone take lots of pics so you can prove it happened ;)
  3. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Congradulations man....Definatly get some pics.
  4. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Congrats ANB! 104 at the Sports Arena I assume? Whats the date on this?
  5. dude, thats pretty sweet! I'm not a big sevendust fan, but any gig with a semi-famous band is a good gig!

Tell us all the details when it goes down, and definatly get some pics!
  6. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Hey, this could be a great big leg up!

You should definately record it, video it, get pix of it, and promote it to your fans.

Good luck man!!
  7. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Nice. As said, get some pics and video to show off. And maybe some signatures from the guys from Sevendust.

Good job.
  8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Very Cool. Make sure you get the best MIX possible.
    Lord only knows if you'll get free adult beverages or PAID!
  9. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    No, and No. This is still a tentative date, so dates, locations and everything else isn't disclosed yet, I was told Lima is all I really know. Who knows what will happen, it could fall through, not to mention I just found out our singer is flaking out talking about quitting for no apparent reason, and the guitar player is having some marital probs......uggghhh, being in a band sucks.....I hope attitudes don't ruin this for everyone.
  10. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Sweet! make sure you tell us what its like to play with a band that has made it :)
  11. That rocks. Sevendust is one of my favorite bands. Too bad they tour with Creed, because Creed always cancels their Sacramento show.:rolleyes:
  12. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    They are not on tour with creed anymore......good thing, or else the venue couldn't have afforded them. We got to play with Stephen Pearcy earler this summer, but he was pretty much an ass, and his show wasn't too hot to say the least. Hey Cheezwiz, I stopped by the emporium last friday about 7:45, but no one was there yet apparently.....I'll be sure to catch up with you some other time.
  13. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Ya know, I never even asked, and really don't care....I just love playing, and it doesn't matter to me......probably drinks if I had to guess though lol. I wonder....do you think they would let us bring our regular sound man to mix for us?
  14. AN,

if it happens, play your f'ing brains out!

Oh yeah, and if your singer and/or guitar player quits, i'll do both!

But just for that gig... and I wont know the songs, and I suck at both singing and playing guitar... but hey... :)

Hope it happens!
  15. wow, i had no clue that there were 2 TBers with in 20 miles of me...I'm in bowling green.
  16. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Josh, I worked in BG for a couple years. Both Cheezwiz and I are in the area, as is a friend of mine.....modulus6bass. What band do you play in josh?