Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Woohoo! New amp!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by allan grossman, Apr 18, 2003.

1. The amp got here yesterday and I got the cabs today (thanks, Gard) :D

[​IMG]

2. :eek:

*hugs 10w practice amp tightly*

YOU and your evil Cabs of Doom Scared it! :mad:

:p

Nice rig dude...I really did the bass on the right too,neat lookin'

-Jon:oops:

3. Thanks, Jon -

That rig replaced a rack setup with a 2x10" and 1x15" cab - the new rig is about as loud and half the weight.

800 watts, 100 pounds.

:D

4. coughOLDMANcough

:D

congrats Jefe!

5. Thanks, ya young punk :D

Man, you oughtta hear this thing, 78p - I'm never gonna let anyone tell me again that tube amps sound better than solid state amps.

I haven't got it 100% dialed in yet but it's about the warmest rig I've ever played. I'm not gonna have any trouble getting exactly the tone I'm looking for.

6. Nice...

I want a 112 Avatar Cab...I heard they're wicked..

-Jon:oops:

7. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    hey the bottom half looks just like my rig - welcome to the Aggie GS112 x 2 club. (you think that's dorky, wait until you see the t-shirt).

what tube amp did it replace?

8. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
  9. vanselus said...

hey the bottom half looks just like my rig - welcome to the Aggie GS112 x 2 club. (you think that's dorky, wait until you see the t-shirt).

what tube amp did it replace?

Thanks - it replaced this (which is only sort of a tube amp):

[​IMG]

I had an Eden 210XLT and 115XL under that rack.

10. berklee46 said...

Beautiful rig! :cool:

Thanks, berklee - I'm real happy with it :)

11. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Nice amps. I've played a that EA Head @ work & I didn't like it too much but you're the one that has it & I'm sure you love it. :)

Congrats!!!!!!

12. Thanks, Nino -

Everybody's taste is different - I'm pretty happy with the amp.

Hey - if everyone liked the same stuff I did life would be a whole lot easier.

But is sure would be boring :)

13. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Allan,

Congrats on picking up that iAMP 800. I bought one a few weeks ago and have been very happy with it. I use it to push one CxL 12L for softer gigs and two Eden 2-10 XLTs for louder gigs.

I can relate to your comments about SS vs tube amps. The funny thing is that I have had two people who have very "musical ears" walk up to me on a gig and say "that new head sounds great! great low end! does it have a tube preamp?" Isn't that hilarious? I've already told gary at EA, I'm sure they're pleased.

14. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    By the way, I have heard those twin Aggies being pushed by a variety of different heads, and they always sound great! I know they must sound awesome with the iAMP!!!

15. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Yeah, you know one interesting thing i've found with the twin GS112's is that you can get pretty different tones out of them by simply stacking them on end or normal - i know that's nothing new, but it seems to make more difference than with other cabs i've tried.

with my 680/728 rig, its almost too beefy, so I stack 'em on end... but with the EA being so amazingly clean, I can see how stacking normal would be optimal.

anyway... try it and see, it's pretty cool.

16. I'll try it, vanselus - thanks for the tip :)

17. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I just got done loading my truck for tonights gig, and my one cabinet weighs what your whole rig does:( .......nice rig Allan;)

18. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    It has been brought to my attention that the amp t Sadowsky's shop is an iAMP350. The one that you have is an iAMP800. Different amps. Sorry. :(

19. No problems here, Nino - I don't know if there are any tone differences between the two. I've never played an iAmp 350 ;)

20. jerry said...

I just got done loading my truck for tonights gig, and my one cabinet weighs what your whole rig does:( .......nice rig Allan;)

Thanks, jerry :)

I know the feeling. That's why I got rid of the old rack system. The older I get the heavier things get and the more pain hurts - so far I'm pretty happy with the new rig :)