Woohoo! New Bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nomadic Herder, Mar 17, 2001.

1. Yay! I just got a new bass. Its a new MIM Fender Jazz. Midnight Blue. Its real purdy. I like it. Wohooo! Oh, yeah, it doesnt hum. I dont see what you all complain about for. :D:D:D:D:D
  2. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Oh, it will hum, don't you worry. ;) And buzz. It's just a matter of environment.

Congratulations on your purchase, by the way. :)
  3. Bassr64

Feb 9, 2001
    congrats to you ! New additions are always joyous occasions
  4. Congrats! :)

*waving incense* "Bless this bass our father...."
  5. Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    Good choice! I had one myself for awhile only in the SB finnish.Enjoy!!!
  6. ah, i got the exact same bass and color a couple months ago. look at it under a regular light bulb then look at it under a florescent. IT'S PURPLE! how punk is that..no complaints

considering my bass was a squire before i got the Jazz, the hum isn't a big deal..
  7. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I'm trying to think of a good way to tie in the fact that it hums because it doesn't know the words, but I'm not coming up with anything. Such is life.
  8. Hey, I just saw a punk guitarist on tv with a sparkly puke-pink Strat...so ha to him.

My first bass was a Squier too.

Anyway, if I get to not like the color...well, thats what stickers are made for. :D
  9. it'll grow on you, trust me.
    at least it's different
  10. Hey Nomad, way to go! I have the same bass, only
    fretless and it's black. (then how could it be the same bass?)

As for the humming: Are you from Kentucky?
    Cause boy are you Lucky!

If you bass doesn't hum, God bless you. Mine does.
    Most of them do. You have made a wise choice. You picked a very good axe. Congratulations!
    Enjoy it!

Mike J.

Remember: After a while, you can start to hot rod it. You know pickups, bridge, etc.