1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Woohoo! New Bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nomadic Herder, Mar 17, 2001.

1. Yay! I just got a new bass. Its a new MIM Fender Jazz. Midnight Blue. Its real purdy. I like it. Wohooo! Oh, yeah, it doesnt hum. I dont see what you all complain about for. :D:D:D:D:D

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Oh, it will hum, don't you worry. ;) And buzz. It's just a matter of environment.

Congratulations on your purchase, by the way. :)

3. Bassr64

Bassr64

Feb 9, 2001
    N.E.Tx
    congrats to you ! New additions are always joyous occasions

4. Congrats! :)

*waving incense* "Bless this bass our father...."

5. Bernie

Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    Good choice! I had one myself for awhile only in the SB finnish.Enjoy!!!

6. ah, i got the exact same bass and color a couple months ago. look at it under a regular light bulb then look at it under a florescent. IT'S PURPLE! how punk is that..no complaints

considering my bass was a squire before i got the Jazz, the hum isn't a big deal..

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I'm trying to think of a good way to tie in the fact that it hums because it doesn't know the words, but I'm not coming up with anything. Such is life.

8. Hey, I just saw a punk guitarist on tv with a sparkly puke-pink Strat...so ha to him.

My first bass was a Squier too.

Anyway, if I get to not like the color...well, thats what stickers are made for. :D

9. it'll grow on you, trust me.
    at least it's different
    :)

10. Hey Nomad, way to go! I have the same bass, only
    fretless and it's black. (then how could it be the same bass?)

As for the humming: Are you from Kentucky?
    Cause boy are you Lucky!

If you bass doesn't hum, God bless you. Mine does.
    Most of them do. You have made a wise choice. You picked a very good axe. Congratulations!
    Enjoy it!

Mike J.

Remember: After a while, you can start to hot rod it. You know pickups, bridge, etc.