1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Woohooooo Start lessons Tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Prime Mover, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    I just received a call from my bass teacher, Roy Voyt, and I start lessons tomorrow at 4:30pm. I am the most excited individual right now!!!!!!!!!

I totally RAWK right now:bassist: ....bassist for me

2. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Congradulations, PM :)

3. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    Outstanding Prime Mover!

I studied with Roy many many many years ago at the University of Miami. He's a great guy, a great player, and most importantly for you...a great teacher.

Please tell him Craig Garfinkel says hello, and good luck with your studies.

:bassist:

4. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Thank you all, I will keep you all posted.

Anyone here in Nashville know where I can get a good metronome?

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Woohoo!!!

Glad I could help ya out with that PM, Roy's a great guy and an INCREDIBLE player & teacher, you're getting a great start studying with him!

You should be able to buy a good simple metronome at practically ANY music store. Do yourself a favor, get one of the small "credit card" style ones, or at least an electronic one. The inexpensive windup metronomes SUCK, the spring will break after a while. If you can't find one, let me know I can get one of the little ones to you in a few days from BC.

6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    ...oh, and what's that sound :confused:

(clip, clip, clip, clip, clip, clip, clip, clip, clip, clip)

...hmm...

:eek:

;)

7. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    :D Thanx Gard, You are the best, we did mention your name...Roy stated "If I know Gard, he prepared your bass for the lesson...." I said "I think so....." Thanx for the advice on the metronome. I will go out and look for one. Right now, after paying for the lesson which will run me 50.00 due to $30.00 a lesson $10.00 for studio time ;) and about $10.00 for a good starter book, I think I will hold off on the metronome for about a week until payday! But, if I cannot find a decent one, you will be the first one I call.

Thanx again...YOU 'DA MAN! :bassist:

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    ...actually, I don't remember if I did anything to your bass...I know JT and I were looking at it at the GTG and talking about giving it a bit of a tweek on the trussrod, but it seemed to play pretty well as it was...

...anyhow, if there's anything wrong with the bass, it isn't my fault!!!!

;)

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    So you WILL be playing at the next GTG! Cool. I hope everything works out.

10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Yeah, she swore that she would be putting on a solo bass performance of both "Portrait Of Tracy" and her version of Alain Caron's slapped "Donna Lee". Then, she is going to give a seminar to the crowd on playing Roscoe Beck-style walking lines and comping chords at the same time.

She's a quick learner....

;)

11. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    ehhhhhhhh, aaaahhhhhhhhh, I don't thinks so, Gard. I will probably play "Mary Had a Little Lamb".

Ok, Woody, I promised, the next GTG, I will play for ya. But, not in front of a huge crowd...Hell no, to have all those great players laughing their asses off at me, is not my idea of fun.