Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Woohooooo Start lessons Tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Prime Mover, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    I just received a call from my bass teacher, Roy Voyt, and I start lessons tomorrow at 4:30pm. I am the most excited individual right now!!!!!!!!!

I totally RAWK right now:bassist: ....bassist for me

2. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Congradulations, PM :)

3. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    Outstanding Prime Mover!

I studied with Roy many many many years ago at the University of Miami. He's a great guy, a great player, and most importantly for you...a great teacher.

Please tell him Craig Garfinkel says hello, and good luck with your studies.

:bassist:

4. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Thank you all, I will keep you all posted.

Anyone here in Nashville know where I can get a good metronome?

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Woohoo!!!

Glad I could help ya out with that PM, Roy's a great guy and an INCREDIBLE player & teacher, you're getting a great start studying with him!

You should be able to buy a good simple metronome at practically ANY music store. Do yourself a favor, get one of the small "credit card" style ones, or at least an electronic one. The inexpensive windup metronomes SUCK, the spring will break after a while. If you can't find one, let me know I can get one of the little ones to you in a few days from BC.

6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    ...oh, and what's that sound :confused:

(clip, clip, clip, clip, clip, clip, clip, clip, clip, clip)

...hmm...

:eek:

;)

7. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    :D Thanx Gard, You are the best, we did mention your name...Roy stated "If I know Gard, he prepared your bass for the lesson...." I said "I think so....." Thanx for the advice on the metronome. I will go out and look for one. Right now, after paying for the lesson which will run me 50.00 due to $30.00 a lesson $10.00 for studio time ;) and about $10.00 for a good starter book, I think I will hold off on the metronome for about a week until payday! But, if I cannot find a decent one, you will be the first one I call.

Thanx again...YOU 'DA MAN! :bassist:

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    ...actually, I don't remember if I did anything to your bass...I know JT and I were looking at it at the GTG and talking about giving it a bit of a tweek on the trussrod, but it seemed to play pretty well as it was...

...anyhow, if there's anything wrong with the bass, it isn't my fault!!!!

;)

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    So you WILL be playing at the next GTG! Cool. I hope everything works out.

10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Yeah, she swore that she would be putting on a solo bass performance of both "Portrait Of Tracy" and her version of Alain Caron's slapped "Donna Lee". Then, she is going to give a seminar to the crowd on playing Roscoe Beck-style walking lines and comping chords at the same time.

She's a quick learner....

;)

11. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    ehhhhhhhh, aaaahhhhhhhhh, I don't thinks so, Gard. I will probably play "Mary Had a Little Lamb".

Ok, Woody, I promised, the next GTG, I will play for ya. But, not in front of a huge crowd...Hell no, to have all those great players laughing their asses off at me, is not my idea of fun.