1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Woolly Mammoth & Fat Fuzz Factory together?!?!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by smo, Dec 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Woolly Mammoth & Fat Fuzz Factory together at the same time? Anyone done it?

I've never owned both of these pedals at the same time, but J over at Anarchy Audio is building me a Mammoth Factory dual pedal. Reeeeeeally looking to forward to this monster.

Which order/pedal would you put 1st, and which 2nd?
    And why?

Help! hc_wave.gif

2. Anyone?

3. sprag

sprag

Sep 15, 2011
    Melb Australia
    surely a toggle to make the order switchable if possible

4. sprag

sprag

Sep 15, 2011
    Melb Australia
    I demand sound clips when you gets it

Hallic likes this.
  5. Yes.

My first impulse is to use the Mammoth as a stock fuzz tone and run that into the FFF for a brighter option or crazy glitch stuff.

6. Dark Barn

Dark Barn

Aug 3, 2010
    Seattle
    Sorry. I predict neither fuzz will sound as good stacked as it will by itself. I've owned both but never ran them in series, the stock models both prefer to be first in line, running them after a buffer or another pedal produces a weaker, thinner output and also prevents you from tuning the oscillations with your volume (or tone) knob in the case of the FFF. I'd be curious if your builder has a plan to address this.

JonnyAngle likes this.
  7. Well, the pedal will have an input pot (for each) for biasing/loading the signal going in.
    I can see +/- for either pedal going first, and yeah, I asked for a flip/flop to toggle between both as well as oscillating switches. Gonna be a helluva beast!

I just wanted to see if anyone had tried this before and what their experience was.

Dark Barn likes this.
  8. @smo , I see you've got a flip-flopper in the build already, but...

I already typed the following out... :smug:

This ...
    Easy%20Order%20Board%20Toggle-1-1.png
    ... will let you Toggle reverse the order of the two circuits with a flick of the finger.

And this ...
    Easy%20Order%20Board%204PDT-1.png
    ... will let you swap the circuit order with the tap of a toe.

And then there's this, which is a whole Pandora's Parallelogram box of signal chain mayhem. It let's you either mix any percentage of effect with the dry signal; or route to a second FX chain; the “Kill Switch” cuts off the signal to a delay or echo/reverb while preserving the “tails”or “repeats”; a phase switch keeps the two signals playing nicely with each other.

Dial in whatever amount of either signal you want. So FX loop with clean, if nothing's plugged into the "IO (Insert Out) and II (Insert In) jacks, the dry signal passes directly to the mixing stage."

Or have a second FX loop: "When an effects pedal is plugged into the IO and II jacks the dry signal passes through the effect before reaching the mixing stage." Two Paramixers and you've got a three-channel mixer, so it's said.

I just bought all this stuff. Gonna mix it up, gonna stir it up, gonna mash it up...

smo likes this.
  9. Thanks!
    Yeah I made an order from that exact site not that long ago, I've got a mayhem beast Muff I'm building at the moment with feedback/oscillation loops, octave up circuit, clean blend etc.

10. corydhunter

corydhunter

Sep 16, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Endorsing Artist: Moollon Basses, LaBella Strings, Souldier Straps
    Just saw this. I did this on a record once and it was one of the coolest sounds I've ever had. I had to keep the volume down on my bass until it was time to play because of the immediate feedback it creates, but it was the nastiest, coolest fuzz sound I've ever used.

11. Alrighty,
    J from Anarchy Audio (Anarchy Audio) sent it to me.
    Sorry for the bad photo, my camera is dying...
    IMAG0959_zpsgfzcgver.jpg

The switches are normal/low/more-low (which changes the charater of the oscillation) on the FF, and a normal/low/more-low on the Mammoth.
    Middle switch changes the order the pedals run in. Resist controls how much feeds into the circuit so it'll work happy with a signal from other pedals/actives etc.

It's exactly what I thought it would be. Killer. And yes, before anyone else says it, the Robot Mammoth does kinda look like a pair of boobies.

DLemos and Dark Barn like this.
  12. Klipszhses next!

Looks good, Golden Robot Mammoth Mammaries!
    Tusk tusk, so horny that silhouette .

In other unrelated newz
    I had a problem with my browser, I missed out on all that discounted wire. Wasn't any left when I finally had the browser working again. AUrhg. So I ordered a couple more fuzz PCBs ... Maybe I'll do a dual pedal, too. (Thus tacetly relating this dribble to the topic at hand)

13. Musicman1901

Musicman1901 Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Rochester, NY
    Let's hear some sound clips

sprag likes this.
  14. They're just clones with an impedance control to work well after buffers (and each other).
    You can look up the sounds online with decent demo's better than I could do with a crappy mobile phone video.

15. Musicman1901

Musicman1901 Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Rochester, NY
    So the mammoth is essentially a Mastotron? All the Mastotron is is a mammoth with an impedance control. I'm having a tough time deciding between a Mastotron or a fat fuzz factory for my final fuzz on my board. Driving me crazy!

16. Mastotron or Fat Fuzz Factory?

Both! Always the way forward. Then flip the one you like less. The danger is, of course, keeping both. "Both" is not a good way forward for a pack-rat such as myself.

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 15, 2021