Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wooly Mammoth Vs. Fuzz Nutz

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by djshawn47, Jun 9, 2004.

1. I'd like your opinion on the above.

Ive heard the Fuzz nuts pedal and i think it sounds great, but there is not a lot of tweaking you can do to it(which may or may not be a bad thing). There is basically really one or two sounds you can get from it.

Ive heard the Wooly Mammoth on sound clips but not the real deal. It sounded great from the sound clips and Ive heard from people that it had one of the best Fuzz tones out there, but that it feeds back like crazy and is almost unusable because of this.

Any opinions on either one of these?

Thanks.

2. I have one of the earlier FuzzNutz that I use for gtr and piccolo bass and occasionally on bass and it is totally bullet proof never any problems. Check out the other Austone pedals if you want more tweakability than the Fuzz Nutz offers. They also offer the TexTone FuzzNuts that adds another layer of overdirve and a tone control. Their top of the line Millenium Overdrive offers even more control and a broader range from smooth to nasty. I know the guys at Austone and they are totally for real, Jon B is my electronics repair buddy who fixes all my broken stuff.