wooo...jazz trio

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Apr 6, 2005.

1. well..had my first gig with my jazz trio last sunday...got a call today they've booked us again for this sunday....looks like its gonna turn into a weekly or fortnightly gig..how awesome is that
  2. Spectorphile

Mar 8, 2005
    Jazz trios are the way to go, what material are you guys playing?
  3. bit of miles, coltrane, vince jones, sinatra, benson, hendrix...

about 50% standards, 50% just improvising

looks like it might turn into a regular at the venue....possibly weekly, but most likely fortnightly
  4. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I love trios in any genre of music. There's something about the chemistry of a really good bass/guitar/drums lineup that just clicks, doesn't matter if your doing Jazz, Fusion, Blues, or Metal. I also find it really fun as a composer and performer to work out arrangments for songs written with a larger ensemble in mind.
  5. Plus more dough

BTW is'nt the aussie term for "How Awesome is that"
    " How Good is That "
  6. nah, thats "friggin sweet" and many others which may cause my banning on here...lol

but had a seccond gig yesterday, got another next sunday, and also a guy who does duo's at the same venue of a Thursday night asked me to do some stuff with him on the thursday nights.....may as well move into the place..lol