Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wooo! Just had my first ever band practice

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Aaron Saunders, Jul 18, 2004.

1. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    I'm not exactly sure what forum to put this in, so I'll just let y'all in misc deal with it.

I finally had my first band practice. We did Shook Me All Night Long, Paint it Black, Crazy On You, Let It Be, The End, and one of their two originals. During various intermittent braks for drinks (of water), food, video games, etc. the drummer and I busted out some Primus, and after the lead guitarist and the vocalist went to practice for a jazz gig next Sunday, the rhythm guitarist, drummer, and I jammed out Too Many Puppies (drummer and I both know it cold, guitar just faked it -- pretty well, too).

Plus, during "The End", where the vocalist sings "Love you, love you" I get to "do my own thing". Not a bass solo persay, because that part lasts for ages, but some fun lead bass play.

Wheee, I'm very excited...but also exhausted. I've been up since 4:30am :eek: (not for reasons related to the band, though).

2. I have yet to go to a official band practice that worked out that well.

Congrats though! Sounds like a pretty good setlist so far!

3. That sounds like a decent group of guys that are playing for the fun of it. It's always a good thing when "band practice" is something you look forward to. While it is nice to have someone to keep things on track, it doesn't sound like you have a Hitler Jr. running the show.