Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Woooooooo! A hair-metal fan's dream!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Hategear, Mar 7, 2002.

1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Poison, Cinderella, Winger and Faster Pussycat -- together -- on one tour?! I see they're going to be in Wisconsin on two seperate occasions. Wooooo!
    Now, where did I put that Poison shirt and lime green 'do rag?

Don't need nothin,' but a good time / How can I resist / Ain't lookin' for nothin,' but a good time / And it don't get better than this!

2. BassistJ

BassistJ

Mar 20, 2001
    Hemet, CA USA
    Sounds like it could be a damn good show. My band opened for Faster Pussycat at the Shack in Aneheim, and they STILL kill the audience every damn time.

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

The tour lineup originally included Danger Kitty. I was going to buy tickets, but then DK got thrown in jail for transporting a minor (groupie) across state lines. :mad:

J/K. And for the record, I did the HairMetal thing for a few years back in the 80's. :p

4. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    For the record, I was never really into Cinderella or Faster Pussycat, I was too busy listening to Michael Jackson and Madonna. I barely got into Poison (although, I love to hear "Nothin' But A Good Time" when it comes on my area's local Eighties Flashback Weekend radio show), but I don't think I need to mention that my favorite bassist was and is Kip Winger!

Also, at a hair-metal reunion tour of this magnitude, I am sure there will be some flashin' goin' on, if you get what I'm honking at! ;) Well worth any admission price.

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Return of the root notes, eh Hategear? ;) :D

6. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    If bassists weren't meant to play root notes, God wouldn't have invented punk music!

;) :D

Don't flame me, it was a joke!

7. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Does anyone know where theres a tour scedule posted? My Girlfriend is a Cinderella fanatic, and would freak if they played anywhere around western NY.

8. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Hey Mike, I just checked out Poison's website to get their tour dates. If you're interested in Cinderella specifically, check out their website at www.cinderella.net. Speaking of .net, don't forget to stock up on Aquanet!

EDIT: There are no dates listed on Cinderella's site yet. Poison's site is www.poisonweb.com, FP's site is www.fasterpussycatmusic.com and Winger's website looks like it's www.kipwinger.com.

9. I guess the only question is if all members of the bands will make it through the tour without breaking a hip.

Speaking of Kip Winger <shudder>, check out what a great sense of humor this guy has on Metal Sludge's 20 questions: http://www.metal-sludge.com/20QuestionsWinger.htm (note: extreme sarcasm was used in the word "great").

10. Joe R

Joe R

Nov 4, 2000
    Wenatchee WA. USA
    I love hair metal!! VH1 classics is having a Def Leppard day today i think they were hair metal, thank god for VH1.

11. Personally, I'm going to see Motörhead and Morbid Angel on April 16th :p

12. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Metal Sludge is a great site. :D

13. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    June 30th, Darien NY. I'll be there.

Thanks for the info.:cool:

14. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Why must they come here? Two seperate dates. ya dont say? Thanks for the heads up. Ill be putting this on my list of things not to do.

15. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Cool! Then I won't see you there!

;)

16. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    I am SO there! I may drive to Atlanta to see that one. And will see Poison alone in Valdosta.

At some point I would love to put together an 80's hair band cover band, ALA Danger Kitty. I think that would be too much fun.