Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Woot! I got my first bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stroggnoy, Jul 18, 2002.

1. stroggnoy

stroggnoy Guest

Jul 11, 2002
    Yep, picked up my first bass last night from my friend, Da5id HeX (REAL cheap). It's a 5-string Cort, and I don't know the model heh. Anyway, I'm pretty excited. :D

2. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    congratulations!

welcome to TalkBass as well!

3. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Congrats, man. Play the heck out of it.
    Doc

4. The clock starts now. I expect you to be a better player than I am in approximately 6 hours. ;)

I am also uncertain exactly which model it is -- it was my first 5-string. BTW, if you want me to give it a quick setup just bring it over today. I didn't get a chance to give it a once-over last night.

5. stroggnoy

stroggnoy Guest

Jul 11, 2002
    Heh, last night I already started into that book. I also found a set of DR Low Riders in there with the bass. They said old strings on the box, but they didn't look worn (at a glance). I didn't know if you knew they were in there or not. I think the action might be a tad high on the B string, but I don't remember (and I didn't bring it to work with me... I know, what was I thinking).

6. I'm actually pretty certain that those strings were the ones that were on my Stingray 5 when I first got it. So basically, they're Dean Markley Blue Steels that are probably dead at this point. Again, if you want it tweaked, just let me know.

...And since you didn't take the bass to work, I'll reset the "better than me" counter once you tell me that you're home again.