1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WOOT! - Thank you TB for your advice.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dogbluedrummer, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Well, after reading about a billion threads, I have a rig worthy of an appreciative nod from a fellow bassist. Thank you for the help and suggestions. And it sounds great!

Squire Vintage Modified Jazz
    DR Sunbeams
    GK Backline 600

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. OlSkewl56

OlSkewl56

May 26, 2007
    South Texas
    that's nice!
    Where'd you find a 15?

3. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Man, thats definitely a rig noddable by any bassist, no matter what they say. Congrats my friend. Treat it well, and it will return the favor.

4. TheHegemon

TheHegemon

Feb 20, 2009
    Amarillo, TX
    Very nice man, just ballpark how much did that set you back(minus the bass) Im starting to look into upgrading my rig eventually.

5. Well, this is going to make you sick. But my total outlay is $650.
    $300 for the bass - new
    $200 for both cabs - used with 30 hrs on them, then stored for 2 years
    $150 for the amp - used for 4 months, then stored for 2 years

Amp and cab came from different people. I was looking to buy this set up, andwas patient waiting for a good deal on used stuff. Then both items appeared on Craigslist in the same week. I figure I saved at least $700 versus buying new a new amp and cabs.

6. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    Kewel!:cool:

The rig looks as awesome as the bass, play it well, play it often and now you can play it LOUD!

:bassist:

7. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Great job! That's very cheap for a fine setup. Rock it in good health. :cool:

8. Absurdism

Absurdism

Mar 13, 2009
    WOW
    Thats amazing only 650 man
    I wish my rig cost the same as my bass

9. Great set-up man...I love that VM bass, I had one for a while, and recently got rid of it....You got a sweet deal on that whole rig...congrats to ya.

10. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    Good deal man.