Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WootCamp

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Macbeth56, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Whats it like, i dont live to far from nashville.. and i would really like to go.
    the thing is...
    im not that great, im ok, ya know.. would it be wierd for me to go?

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    It was a great week, lots of fun, I learned a lot.

not-too-surprisingly, I learned the most from the NATURE aspect of the camp.

The BASS parts of the camp were neat, but, mostly it was stuff I'd already heard before, but that was probably just because I have been fortunate enough to have had some outside-the-box teachers in the past.

The community there is really strong, even after only one week, I feel like they are all my bestest friends(as noted in my rap ;)

It's very awesome to get to play with the wooten bros. And also to have such amazing musicians 'dropping in' throughout the week.

Anthony Jackson, Chuck Rainey, John billings and Roy vogt, MC divinity, to mention a few.

If you have an open mind to things like
    -Tracking
    -Wilderness awareness
    -Yoga
    -Tai Chi
    -Wing Chun
    -basic Survival concepts

you will really enjoy the camp.

I loved the nature stuff, some of the nature staff people were really great, and the skills that they had(the trackers in particular) were amazing.

I had to apply 4 times before I got in, and the camp gets more and more popular every year. I think that the first camp, something like 200 people applied and 50 got in, this last camp, closer to 1000 people applied and only 60 were admitted.

It's such a great idea, and it was executed very well imo, however, I fear that it might become too much for the wooten crew(the camp is pretty much run by friends and family) to handle in the future.

I hope that isn't the case, but certainly as it gets more popular, new complications might arrive.

either way, If I have free time next camp, I think I'll drop by there and volunteer some time around the camp, I hope that we get to do a reunion camp sometime.

oh yeah,
    http://www.xaqtly.com/wootjam.mp3

there's a (low quality) copy of my performance on the last night big jam.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah... I was kicked out of WootCamp after 20 minutes.

Aparently good bassists wear pants. :spit: