Wooten show review

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by eljuapo, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Allright, having just recovered from the show on Friday the 13th here is Santa Ana CA, I can say that it really was the best show I have ever experienced.
    I was able to sit and talk with Reggie and Victor after the show and I'm still trying to digest and incorperate what Victor told me about playing music.

The show however was fantastic. What did he say, Me and My Bass Guitar, and an Iron Man cover/tribute-ish thing were the highlites for me. Although Vic's brother on keys and a voice synth was fantastic.
    Even the opening band Torpedo Betty was really great. Sort of a jam band with alot of edge.

All in all, worth it.
  2. kegbarnacle

Nov 18, 2003
    I saw 'em the next night in Tempe. It was the last show on the tour, they just skipped the opening act and played for hours. Definately a great show. I've seen Vic before with this band and with Bela and I really think it was the best of all. Maybe they were just really on (probably true) or maybe I just really felt good (definately true) but it was smokin'. I don't think i'm playing the same instrument. I'm no where near being one of the more experienced players on this board, but I've been playing for 8 years..... It's not like I started yesterday. But man, I watch him and I gotta be doing something wrong!!