1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wooten Woods - Theory Weekend?

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by RocketMusic, Apr 20, 2010.

1. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Hey, guys,

Is anyone local (or passing through Blacksburg) planning to attend Theory Weekend May 1-2 at Wooten Woods?

I know a fellow bass player looking for a ride down there for the event. He just returned from last week's Bass/Nature Camp and wants to go back for more. He's a super nice guy from Italy who is attending Virginia Tech... but he no gotta da wheels!

I can put you in touch with him if you'd like someone to share gas money and talk bass with on the long drive...

2. Good o'l Mateo! One of the coolest, warm hearted human beings I've ever met. I met him at the airport before we shuttled off to camp. If I was going I'd do it in a heart beat. If you talk to him tell him Kevin "Costner" said hello. His English is not very good so to help himself remember names he takes your first name and matches it with the last name of a famous American. He's a crack-up!

3. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Yeah, Matteo's a super guy, And he has found a ride, so his theory weekend is on!

4. Ah that's great. I was hoping this would work out for him. He became the camp mascot for the most part.

5. SunOfaBass

SunOfaBass

Aug 27, 2009
    Cambridge ON
    I can't believe I stumbled on this (probably stale) thread. Dudes I was there and it should have been renamed Victor Wooten's survival camp training. There was massive flooding that weekend & we had to backpack out to meet with the Hickman County rescue boat. Not how I expected to spend my birthday and yet, believe it or not, it was one of the best experiences in my life. As amazing as Victor is on the bass his leadership skills are just as amazing as well as (surprise, surprise) is his nature/survival knowledge. Just goes to show that Victor's camps are once in a life time experiences. If anybody reading this post hasn't been to at least one of his camps I suggest you sign up immediately. It will be some of the best memories of your life.

6. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Yeah, you guys the the "special" camp treatment that weekend, eh? Man, I heard about it. I'm glad everyone got out OK, sorry to hear about the property damage...

7. I went back to this years Bass/Nature Camp and will be attending the Spirit Of Music Camp in September. Even with all the damage the flood caused they really got the camp going. On our way into camp there was a wood carver named Lundy who was dragging these massive logs to the front of the property. Each log was beautifully carved into these amazing faces and placed in a way to greet you as you entered. These logs were part of a huge tree that had fallen during the storm and blocked the main road. No one in, no one out. What was once seen as something that terrified and trapped you is now a sign of welcome!

8. rumbl

rumbl

Dec 7, 2006
    Minneapolis, MN
    I'm heading off to this year's Theory Weekend next week - I'm pumped!

9. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Nice - I wish I could join you! I hope you have a great time!