Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wooten's Rider

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Mike Flynn, Sep 20, 2004.

1. I was just doing a little research online and found this funny itinerary item on Vic Wooten's management website - check out the rider requirements - my favourite here is the Bubbalicious Bubble Gum that "must" be delivered to the dressing room one hour before showtime...!

<b><a href=http://www.skylineonline.com/riders/Rider%20Victor%20Wooten.pdf>Vic's Rider</a></b>

If you have any other - weirder - artist rider requests then post them - I like this though, shows Vic runs a tight ship - or should that be his manager...?

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Hmm, thats thight, but not absurd, I've heard of weirder things.. A bowl of M&M's, but no brown ones and stuff like that..

3. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    That's really pretty reasonable, from my experiences in concert promotion years ago. I couldn't imagine Wooten doing the star trip thing.

For the truly nosy/curious/bored, this site has riders for dozens and dozens of artists:

http://thesmokinggun.com/backstagetour/index.html

4. I know it's pretty tame compared to most - I was with Wooten before one of the shows he did in London and the band were being well and truly fed, Victor didn't skimp on the ice cream!

5. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Hummus seems to be big now.

6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    What's with the distilled water, are they drinking it? :confused:
    I always thought you shouldn't drink distilled water.

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    It's better for you than spring water-since it's collected evaporated water, there's no bad stuff in it. I drink distilled water all the time.

8. jgsbass

jgsbass

May 28, 2003
    Floral Park, NY
    My wife used to work at Radio City Music Hall and was there when they made the move to producing concerts there. One of her jobs was to fulfill the contract riders for the concerts. Hoo boy some of these people were nuts. However odd some of these requests were, most actually were necessary. Black and brown hand towels were a common request so white fuzz wouldn't show up on some performers faces. Usually the oddest things were specific food requests.

9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    There's some controversy over it. Distilled water can remove toxins from your body, but it can also remove minerals, so if you don't have a good mineral intake and drink lots of distilled water, you could end up with mineral deficiencies. But if you have a good mineral intake from your food and/or vitamins, and don't drown yourself in distilled water, it shouldn't have an effect.

There's a lot of spelling/grammar mistakes in that rider-think we should email them and tell them? :D

10. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    You mean there's NO stuff in it.
    AFAIK there is a danger of mineral deficiencies when you do sweat a lot and you don't drink mineral water to get them back and this coincides with an unhealthy diet.
    Even if this is not true, there is no real benefit from drinking distilled water IMO.

11. He he - yes! It might cause havoc in less literate states!

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Jeez. My rider would be a couch somewhere to take a nap, a guy who knows where a Taco Bell is.

13. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    So that's his secret! :eek:

14. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    That's still pretty tame...

Actually every now and then I play bass for one of the bookers from Skyline (for Oteil and Wooten, here in ATL). He has a regular BBQ Blues gig every wednesday at Maddies in Decatur, GA...

I remember one time he had to ask Leo Nocentelli about the changes to a 'Meter's' tune that we were playing later that night for a gig...