1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wooten's Soul Circus World Tour

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Muusers, Dec 2, 2006.

1. hi all

ive got a question about victor wooten's world tour. on his site it sais he's doing a world tour, but there are only us dates listed. and since i live in the netherlands, europe, i wanna know if he's coming here, or if he's already been with soul circus?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP, it would help me out alot!:help:

2. I saw him on the first show of the US Tour and I know that he played in Mexico City before that. The following is a link from his site that lists some Eurpoean dates for him playing with Bela Fleck & The Flecktones. Hope it helps!

http://www.flecktones.com/site.php?content=tour

3. i heard a rumor today that vic is taking a break of a month before heading to europe with soul circus. can anyone confirm this?

4. Apparently they are playing as part of a celtic festival in Scotland. Might go see that ...

5. I'll be meeting and seeing him tomorrow in Montreal. Any questions you guys want me to ask him??

6. -Sam-

-Sam-

Oct 5, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    COME TO AUSTRALIA!!!

I mean we are part of the world too but no one ever ever ever comes here!

7. I dunno if i should go or not. I don't really 'dig' the whole folk theme, bela fleck's banjo playing an all that. However ... Victor Wooten . It is quite a predicament dunno what to do ...

8. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I'm going to see him tonight in Toronto!

The tickets are ridiculously cheap. 30 bucks!

9. user101

user101

Oct 15, 2006
    come to malaysia. we're part of the world too. But no one even knows it exists :p .... At least people know where australia is

10. i was just at a bass clinic yesterday with him...but farted on questions...couldnt think of any....

show up with a pad o paper and a pen...he'll like that

would you do me a favor and ask him what he thinks he is worst at?(as a bass playing musician)

im interested to see what he thinks his flaws are.

maybe ask him what one thing he wishes he could do better.

11. first off...bela is not playing on vic's tour...so its not banjo oriented at all.

second off, i dont know if you have heard the flecktones, but they are one of the least folk bands i have ever heard. just cuz theres a banjo, doesnt mean its folk...

12. Thanks for the tip!

I'll make sure to ask him about these questions.

13. The Flecktones are playing the Celtic Connections festival, not his solo show. I'll be there:)

14. and what about his solo tour? is he or isnt he coming to the netherlands with his SOLO TOUR?

15. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Tell him Mark Wilson said 'hey'

16. Yesterday was AMAZING! They are just about the tightest band i've ever seen, you have to be there to witness all the cues they use, it's crazy.

I spent lots of time asking him everything that i had questions about and he was really cool and humble the whole time. I first saw him at his clinic, he talked for most of the time about his philosophy on music vs language, very interesting stuff. Then i asked him what he thought were his weaknesses.

To that he answered that he wish he was better at soloing over chord changes, and playing bebop. Things that he is actually trying to get better at. He also talked about his fingers having lost speed over the years, result of practicing his thumb playing.

All and all, it was just an amazing experience to meet the man in person. I also had the chance to try out his bass and jam a bit with Derico.

17. so no one has an answer?

18. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    Netherlands
    I'm from the netherlands too... VIC COME TO HOLLAND!!! :)

19. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    I'm going to see Vic tonight. I had to work today so I
    missed the clinic. :bawl:
    Dan

20. chuck953688

chuck953688

Jul 5, 2006
    New York
    Victor and the Soul Circus Tour came to Rochester last week...my friend who writes for my school's paper was lucky enough to be able to not only interview him, but to ride with him to the gig from a local clinic in his car! Really an interesting guy, and very humble/grateful. I got the chance to meet him after the show, and he was still very personable and friendly, even after signing tons and tons of autographs, etc. Very open and appreciative of everyone who came.
    Since the whole band acted as crew too, they all tore down after the show, and seemed to have no problem with people hanging out after to just talk and chill. I know that my friend and I were there for a good hour talking with Reggie (Victor's brother, and such a great guy) and Anthony Wellington (2nd bassist and another friendly guy who wanted to make sure that my friend got everything he needed for his interview and was just a genuinly great person). Sorry if it sounds like I'm gushing, but I still can't get over not only how good the show was, but how nice, happy and friendly everyone in the band was when they likely had every reason to not be given what their work level was.