Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

work and rednecks

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Wood = Basses, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wood = Basses

Wood = Basses

Jun 19, 2003
    The redneck at work was lecturing me two seconds ago about bass. He said I should play rhythm guitar like jimi hendrix. :confused: :smug: "You cant play bass by yourself, its boring. Just (hums walking bass line)..."

I think I need to lend him Bass day 98', but then again, doubt he has a DVD player :D

2. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Forgive him for his ignorance. Bass ain't for everybody. To some people it would be boring. I get bored quickly now playing by myself for more than 30 minutes. I have to jam along to albums. :bassist:

3. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Why do people continue to post these threads? Why do we care what others think? Why must we demonstrate how "cool" bass is with evidence of amazing solos by virtuosos?

Look, bass is vital to many forms of music. We know that. Screw them.

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Who cares? Just agree with him in a subtly sarcastic way.

Later, attack him with some type of heavy machinery. The news has taught us that conflict resolution is best done drunk and with a bulldozer.

5. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Yeah, who cares what other people think. Most of them don't even know what a bass is.

I had a girl I know call up yesterday to tell me that she had met a couple of guys who were looking for a guitar player so she told them that I might be interested, becasue I play guitar :eyebrow: I wasn't home so she was telling my wife this - when my wife told her that I don't play guitar, I play bass, she was confused and said "but... what do you mean, I've seen his guitars"

Another funny part of the story is that the two guys she met - one was my brother in laws keyboard player. Wifey didn't put this together, but I'm 99% sure that the other guy who's name we didn't recoginise was my brother in law, but using a fake name :eek: (I know who is in his band, and I know he hangs out where the keyboard guy bartends... he's married... she's cute... :rollno: )

6. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Well, I don't know about you guys, but rednecks are the FIRST people I talk to when I want an unbiased opinion on the validity of bass.

7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I usually use them for decorating advice, but hey, that's a good idea too.

8. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    Blisshead has the right idea. We know we're cool and that the world wouldn't go round without us. Kill him. :mad:

9. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    I always hang around with rednecks to mentally keep track of how not to speak.

10. Wood = Basses

Wood = Basses

Jun 19, 2003
    well I thought the funniest part about this encounter about the bass was that he was telling me what the different roles of different instruments were, he did not even know the difference between playing a rhythm part and a lead part on a guitar, even though he "plays" guitar.

"You need to git a guitar so you can do some Ted Nugget (sp.?) rhythm guitar stuff! (screams a fast distorted guitar solo) "

11. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    Let me guess, he had three teeth and played a tobacco burst Fender P-Bass.

12. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Man, if you can't impress a redneck, who are you going to impress. :p

13. Wood = Basses

Wood = Basses

Jun 19, 2003
    I wasnt trying to impress him hahah

he saw "Talk Bass", then went on a BS rampage hahah

14. danshee

danshee Banned