Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Work in progress bass referb thread

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Toasted, Jun 15, 2003.

1. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    well i just got a digital camera so i thought i'd show you my work in progress pictures. It started life 20 years ago in china as a yamaha rbx300, not ive taken out all the gubbins, and have stripped the front and back. it appears to be alder (any info on accuracy of this appreciated)

[​IMG]

here are the bits. new pots, MM style pickup and a nifty steinberger bridge are winging their way to me as we speak (if ebay plays nice)
    [​IMG]

heres the original colour, and yes, nitrocellulose is a BITCH to remove!
    [​IMG]

cheers for looking.

joe

edit// if anyone knows how to wire a MM stlye pickup for 1 tone and one volume knob EMAIL/PM ME!

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    MM style pickup arrived today.

3. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I envy you, knowing how to work with wood and all that stuff, that looks like a fun project. what color is it going to be ? My idea of a big project is installing strap locks. That's about all I can handle without messing something up.:)

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    im going to wax and oli finish it. thanks for the compliments. this is a learning curve for me and im sure im making more mistakes than good decisions but its all fun! i still have NO idea how to wire the pickups :p

5. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Go to the www.mimf.com page and look for the electronics section. They can fix you right up.

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    uh, cant find much on there, maybe im being a n00b again. never could get this internet thing working ;)

thanks for the tip tho :D

7. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
  8. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    [​IMG]

Humbucker came today. ^ argh wires... can anyone help me on the wiring of this to a straight tone and volume pot. no selector switch. thanks :D