Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Work Update

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Dec 28, 2005.

1. :hyper:

well we all might of known me as the unemployed kubicki loving man before, but 2 months ago i finally got an apprenticeship (yay) and ive been at work for 7 weeks now and loving it, i never thought how good a trade toolmaking could be...its all going well, and since australia is having a trade crisis cos employers didnt put on apprentices many year ago and now theres a lack of tradesmen the government gives me "bonuses" like in 5 weeks time (end of my 3 month "trial" period) i get an $800 "gift" voucher off the government to go buy tools, how cool is that!

actually, just curious, are there any other toolmakers on ye old talkbass?

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I thought you were going to be an IT guy?

What kind of tools are you making? If you make tools, why is the government giving you money to buy tools?? :confused: :D

-Mike

3. yeah..did alot with it, but changed my mind..got sick of sitting on my ass and dealing with idiots.

the "tools" in question are acutally for press machinery, they shape sheet metal, dies and punches that sorta stuff...its fun, have to work to tolerances of 0.01mm and in some cases 0.003" of an inch....and the company i work for makes roof bolts and plates and other things for the mining industry