Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

workin on a frankenstein

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by doublemuff216, Aug 19, 2004.

1. doublemuff216

doublemuff216

Jun 14, 2004
    Astoria NY
    i came across a jazz bass body a while back...and i've been trying to figure out what to do with it...i finally got the kahones to buy pink paint for it...and i decided on a j-p-j configuration...but i cant find a neck that i can afford...money is TIGHT being a bill paying part time worker/musician/artist...i posted in the wanted section of these forums...i was just wondering if anyone knew where i could come across an amazingly inexpensive fender neck...MIM will do...and also i was wondering what u guys/gals think of my idea...
    -shell pink
    -j-p-j (all duncan quarter pounders)
    -white perloid pickguard
    -hipshot bass trem
    -only volume knobs(3) (for this bass...tone would be a waste of time)
    im open to suggestions too

Bob

2. doublemuff216

doublemuff216

Jun 14, 2004
    Astoria NY
    orange is my favorite color...but i already got the pink paint...my guitarrist and i are making matching instruments...he's working on a strat frankenstein

3. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    I just finished my Frankenstein bass:

Fender Jazz Body
    J+J+MM configuration (Fender J set, Seymour Duncan MM)
    BA II bridge

Got the neck cheaply from another TB member here and the tone is insane. Hopefully someone will step up and you'll find the neck you need at the price you want.

4. How much do you want to spend? I got (what turned out to be) a MIJ Fender P-Bass neck for $34 on e-Bay. There are lots of brand new Mighty Mite (Fender licensed) necks on e-Bay for less than $100 and tons of used necks. If you're patient, you can find what you want for the money you want to spend. With the exception of the Hipshot bass trem (which, by the way, will set you back ~$300) I think it will be a cool bass.