Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Working at a record store...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Casey C., Aug 23, 2002.

1. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    Hey whats up guys...

I been looking to get a real job and this dawned apon me today. I think a job at FYE (record store chain) would work good for me. I am pretty knowledgable about songs and my local FYE is moving into a bigger store so I just may apply. Has anyone had expierence with working at a record store or know someone who has?

2. kingpin2512

kingpin2512

Aug 9, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Wow late on the advice we are.

3. Better late than never. BTW, I just thought that w/all the zombie-subject threads of late, it might be nice to have a real live/dead zombie thread join the party. What's really cool to me about this one is that it's so old that the OP refers to *record* stores- crazy, huh?

4. kingpin2512

kingpin2512

Aug 9, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Your right. I like the idea of bringing back the dead thread.

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    OP hasn't even been on in 3.5 years...
    Last Activity: 01-09-2006 06:18 PM

6. To all the *failers*, I say yes. Yes, we at TB have failed this person's plea for help. Who knows how long he/she/it sat watching for a reply that took several years? There may be a dried-up corpse somewhere, slumped over an ancient computer screen & it's all our collective faults. Fail, indeed.

7. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Probably quit TB in frustration that his thread never received a response.

Please, Casey C., end the suspense and tell us whether you ever got that job!

8. The suspense is KILLING me. I hope it lasts...