1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Working bass Tool Kit

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by steve2, Mar 24, 2002.

1. steve2

steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    I took a few months of lessons about 20 years ago. I was taught by a bluegrass musician. He taught me the different notes. No scales, or apregios but I did learn the fretboard and I played by ear. I played mostly bluegrass, gospel, country and I even tried rock. He just got me started and I kind of just taught my self. Back then I played about 4 years and now I have played the last 2 years and mostly at church. Since I now have the internet I have kind of teaching my self.

I have decided to take lessons but were I live (east TN) it is very hard to find someone that is good. I am wanting to learn some Jazz and just improve. My first lesson is in a few days. He is a graduate from Cal-Berkeley. (I belive) But he does have a degree in music. I talked with him on the phone and he is going to teach me to train my ear. He said that he was going to order me a book Working Bass Tool Kit. Has anyone used this book or has done any ear training.

Thanks

Steve