Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

working mans 210t

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by andrew m., Jun 12, 2001.

1. andrew m.

andrew m.

Jun 12, 2001
    howdy, im new here. my question is about the swr wm 210t, to go along with my gk 700rb head, and i might add a 1 15t later. i used to play in a band but had to leave to pursue other goals. i used to play throug a eden 410 xlt and swr sm 400 and some other effects. i no longer play with the band but i want to keep playing. it will be used 95% of the time in my room at low volumes and maybe a few rehersals with a small band. how does this cab sound? can it get loud? hows the quality and built? am i going to regret getting rid of the 410xlt for a smaller box?

ive also thougt of the ampeg 210hfe, hartke 2.5xl and a used eden 210t?
    thanx guys

2. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Naturally, you wan't have the volume of the larger cabs. The tone will be very decent, just not has refined as the Edens. I have a WM 1-10T, and my bandmates were surprised at the volume it puts out. Sometimes I take it to practice and run it with a GK 1001rb, instead of using my two Eden 2-10s.

It should be fine for your room, and should be able to handle gigs in smaller venues.

Given the alternatives you listed, I would buy the used Eden. It's louder and you'll have the benefit of better tone because it has better quality drivers.

Just my $0.02