Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Working on an original Dan Armstrong bass need bridge advice...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Mike CTW, Jan 14, 2002.

1. Mike CTW

Mike CTW

Jan 14, 2002
    Detroit MI
    Hello everyone this is my first visit to your rocking bass community. My question is concerning my Dan Armstrong bass... I have an original 1969-72 ish Lucite bass I picked up in a NY guitar shop.

I like it a lot and it meets my character well however I need to do a little work on it.

The bridge as you may or may not know is immovable and not adjustable. My bass is not intonating right maybe cuz we play in drop d. It is apparent i need to replace this bridge with a well suited and adjustable one. Does anyone have experience with what would fit. The are where the bridge goes in doesnt look very standard.

I am also getting a new pickup for it by kent armstrong, which should improve the tonal quality of it.

Also how would I go about polishing the lucite to get out the surface scratches? Does anyone have any experience working on one of these basses or lucite instruments as far as polishing?

Thanks for your time ill be excited to hear from you.
    Thanks.

Mike www.bigcd.com