Workingman 15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by arose11, Nov 9, 2002.

1. arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    i already have the money i just need to go out and buy one, i like the sound of them and at high volumes and it is a good size & weight for 200 watts (and bottom ported sounds good) but i was wondering if there are any long term things i should know about and is there much difference between the 2000 model and the 2002 model?
  2. arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    oh and do you think getting a new amp is better than getting a new bass (i have a school gig coming up, pretty small should be able to handle it) i have a minx 110 and there is lots of distortion at 1/4 1/2 volume, my bass choice would be a warwick corvette if i didn't get the amp
  3. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    what kind of bass are you playing now? are you happy with the tone of it through other amps? if you don't like the bass, an amp might not help...
    peavey's minx amps are great considering the size and cost but a warwick might not sound too much different than your current bass (if it is a good one that is)

i had the WM 115 and wish that i never got rid of it... the 160 watts was great and 200 with extension cab was morethan adequate for most of the gigs i have done
  4. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah, I had the original model Workingman's 15 and used it a lot over the course of about 5 years without any problems. It really was a great combo with nice tone and a good DI. The guy I sold it to is still using it to this day with no problems.

brad cook