Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Workingman's 10 - does it go to 11?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by eldoctorbass, Nov 8, 2004.

1. eldoctorbass

eldoctorbass Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Northampton, Mass
    Dumb question: will the SWR Workingman's 10 take any extention cab, or does it need to be another SWR 1x10?

I am considering one and would like to have the option of running it through my 2x10. Anyone do this regularly for club gigs?

I'd also appreciate opinions/suggestions on a small inexpensive combo that work well pushing a 2x10.

Thanks!

2. Eden CXC110. 37hz-17K (co ax) 330 watts with ext. cab w/3db headroom left over.

BUT HEAVY for a 110- almost 40lbs. retail is 1100. The time traveller head alone retails for 1,000. I got mine new for 600-ish and just ordered the ext. cab for 200.

But I think the the little working man combo is the right size and shape, but 80 watts aint going to cut it for modular applications.

Ideal micro swr:
    the swr workingman 10 size and shape.
    the baby blue preamp
    at least 500 watts-class D or some variant of a switching amp.

There's alsway the Phil Jones Briefcase if you can find one in stock anywhere. .don't think you can slave other cabs though.

http://www.philjonesbass.com/PRODUCTS/SPEAKERS/Briefcase.htm

3. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I had a wm10 and ran it with an 8ohm matching 110 extention. sounded great for the job, small job, but better than alone.

just make sure its an 8ohm cab, have fun!!