WorkingMan's 10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SLiGhTLy_STooPiD, Jan 11, 2001.

1. My friend told me he saw one of these at the guitar store yesterday. It's around $250, which i think is a good price. My dad will be taking me there on Saturday, is the trip worth it? Does anyone own one of these? From what i read in MF, it sounds very good...80W weighing the same as a practice amp! Weight is my first concern when it comes to amps considering I'm 14 with no car. So how about the sound? The flaws?
  2. rockthistown

Jan 8, 2001
    i just bought the wm10 and i thing it is great. nice tight sound for such a small box. it is plenty loud too. i use it in a not so loud band playing stuff like dave mathews and it holds its own and is very light. about 30 lbs. hope this helps
  3. if its half the amp of my workingman 15 you are on the way to a great purchase. as always play it with a bass that you use on one like yours and let your ears be the judge.
  4. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    I have a workingman's 12, and it rocks. A friend recently bought a workingman's 10 afer trying mine, mostly because he liked the size and weight of the 10, and he's thrilled with it. If you can get the 10 for $250, jump on it, because my friend paid $400 for his.
  5. nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    It's the ultimate in portability and the most power you can get in a combo that size. Go for it.

I'm thinking of getting one myself as a practice amp.
  6. This amp sounds incredible! Very good tone and can handle the low notes great! We ended up going earlier tonight, in fear that the amp might've been taken by someone else. I still can't get over the fact that it's so loud and so small. :D
  7. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    We were at the Ahmanson Theater in Los Angeles last night to see Swing and the stand-up bass player was hooked up to a Workingman's 15. Of course, the amp was miked into the house, but I was impressed with the sound. I had thought those amps were designed to match up well with active pickups but this guy was using it to great effect. And, oh, what a group, the Gotham City Lites (I think was their name)
  8. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    The WM 10 is a great portable amp. I've had mine for about two years now. It's got great sound and a lot of power, try hooking up either the 10" extension cab or a 2x10 and you'll be amazed at how this thing sounds.

9. They rock with an extension cab.
  10. All the online stores are sellin this amp for $450-$500! How did u find it for $250? Was it used? If not, well, wow. u got quite a deal.
  11. I only wish it was new! :) It's almost 2 years old with some scratches on the covering-material-deal (impossible to see unless you were a foot away from it). Despite it being used, i think it's a very good deal.
  12. who cares about a few minor scratces?

Final Summation: I want it!!!!