Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Workingman's 2x10C Bass Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by eVersi0n, Feb 23, 2003.

1. eVersi0n

eVersi0n

Dec 30, 2002
    Canada, Alberta
    Anybody ever used on of these, I'm in need of a combo amp, i do small gigs, and was wondering if this will be alright, maybe add an ext. to it also.

thanks

2. Ranthony

Ranthony

Nov 30, 2002
    Atlanta, Georgia
    I haven't used that set-up. Right now I am kicking with a Carvin 6815 (1X15, 2X8) along with my Roland V-Bass. It's real smooth when I need it to be and makes it very easy to open up that can of Whip A__ when I want too. I have gotten complements on top of compliments.:D :)

3. hmmm...looks pretty neat.

4. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    This WM 210C is basically a 4004 Head mated with a 2x10T cab. I have the head, the 210 cab, and the 1x15T. For smaller gigs, I'll sometimes just use the 2x10 with the head, and it sounds killer! I'd say go for it, man!:bassist:

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I've got the same rig, and I've been pleased with it so far. I do plan to step up to the Pro Line stuff, but I think the Workingman's line is a great intermediate step that will serve it's purpose VERY well and provide good sound in doing so.

6. eVersi0n

eVersi0n

Dec 30, 2002
    Canada, Alberta
    Any opinons on it? I'm going to see how much i can get it for around here.

7. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    since those are still very new - i'm figuring you may have a hard time finding it used - which means you'll be paying full price. I bet you can find a used SWR redhead (same set up - pro series) for apprx the same price.

anyone see the stanley clarke concert on BET yesterday? he had a wall of redheads on stage. looked like everyone was going through one - Bunny brunel, marcus miller, flea, and a whole lot more.

-erik

8. eVersi0n

eVersi0n

Dec 30, 2002
    Canada, Alberta
    Anyone have this actual combo?

9. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    eVersiOn, if it helps any, you can get one for around $1375 from L&M. You'd likely want to add a WM 1x15T down the road for larger venues. Again, this is EXACTLY the same as a 4004 head and a 2x10T cab, just all in one unit. Go for it man, wish I'd known about it before I got my current rig...which is great, but the 210C would have been easier to move around!;)